• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck role in Scalis, Corgul, Abyss mini champs..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Does luck on the suit make any difference in loot you get from Scalis the Enforcer, Corgul, and different bosses? I also mostly meal the loot not just the "drops"..
If so, is there a median range for the amount of luck, considering that these are pretty tough fights, and you would really need the best suit you can get, and high luck suits are most often not the best for some of these fights.
Ty in advance.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have typically gotten better loot from Scalis and Abyss champs wearing high luck. Corgul I don't know. Seldom fought him.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For most boss monsters the luck of the highest damage dealer is what counts. That is why most people don't bother with luck because if someone has high luck and does the highest dps the loot for all is boosted. But if all doing damage are wearing high luck when the boss drops there is an increase in quality of the loot because it doesn't matter who has done the most damage.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I remember right, luck is taken from one of the top damagers. That is probably everyone that has looting rights in smaller groups.

Just do like everybody is doing, use 1 suit to kill and make tons of dmg and right b4 boss die/redline , use the new quick switch suit macro and voila

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Fight in a party, and drop party before boss dies.the group grts looting rights, and the person with highest luck gets to determine the rolls.

At keast, thats been my expirience.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I beleive luck on a monster kill is actually determined by a an addition of different factors as following as stated by Misk in my post in 2014 :

''Misk : the current basic formula provides top attacker score values at 55% for Damage, 22.5% for Tanking and 22.5% for Healing. ''

I tend to also beleive it would be the same calculs for event drops unless they changed that in last years as I been playing on and off in last 5 years

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The simple fact that the system has to be manipulated to get it to work in the players favor, tells you all you need to know .

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The simple fact that the system has to be manipulated to get it to work in the players favor, tells you all you need to know .
High end mobs already generate a specific instance of loot per player - why that instance cannot be affected by ONLY the players luck it belongs to is completely beyond me. Game design 101?