• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

luck and T-Hunting

B

bosskram

How much does Luck play into T-hunting if any. I have never seen a real big difference in regular hunting with my luck suit. I run about 1600 and some change on my tamer. I just wondering if I need to re work my t-hunter's suit with luck on it. Just kinda wondering what everyone else is doing as far as luck.....

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard before luck only affects the quality of loot on the guardians, Not the chest.

Not sure if this has been confirmed or not yet though.

L

Lokida

Pulled this from Luck section on Stratics.

Petra Fyde said:
Updated by Petra Fyde, July 2010
Luck is one of the attributes each player has. Luck is increased by wearing or equipping items that have a certain amount of Luck attached to them. The amount of Luck a player has has an effect on loot found on monsters killed by that person. Luck affetcs one or more of the following:
The number of magic items found on a monster.
The number of properties on a magic item.
The intensity of the properties on a magic item.
The higher one's Luck, the higher the amount and intensity of increases will be. Luck is checked once for the number of items, once for each item (to determine the number of properties) and once for each property (to determine intensity). With a little luck you might get a small bump in one of three mentioned areas, with lots of a luck you might get a large bump in all three areas.

Some things to consider about Luck

A monster will never drop more than the maximum amount of magic items his loot template allows.
Luck is determined by the person that did the most damage to a monster.
When most damage is done by a pet, summoned or provoked creature, the Luck factor of the controller of that creature is used.
Luck has no effect whatsoever on treasure chests, fished up messages in bottles, town or dungeon chests, or power scrolls.
Luck has no effect whatsoever when stealing items from monsters.
Luck cannot make "low" level monsters give "high" level loot. You will still need to kill the toughest monsters to get the best possible loot.
Transient and occasional luck boosts
A boost lasting for one hour can be gained once per day (24 hours) from the 10th Anniversary Statue. This boost varies according to account age, minimum being 200. An additional 50 luck is gained for each year of the account age, as shown on the character's profile.
A luck boost of 400 luck for 30 minutes is one of the blessings possible from the Fount of Fortune, a similar, though lesser, blessing can sometimes be obtained by paying the Sphynx 5000 gold, if you receive the message 'Fate smiles upon you this day', your luck will be boosted by a figure between 1 and 80 for 24 hours.