• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lucis Interface 1.0 RC 3 public Release

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam proud to present my newest Interface today!

It was much work to intigrate all changes Mythic has been made the last patch. Also i have intigrated a new feature the Warningsystem.

Changelog:

- Custom Fonts have been added
- Lucis Settings have been added to the Main Menue
- Font Selection is now possible for each character in the Lucis Settings
- Backpack scaling is disabled because of the new resize function
- new healtbars with % label have been added
- healthbars are now closing correctly when the monster is dead
- fixed the title page of books
- fixed the disappearing or not correctly shown leather sleeves, gloves and chainmail leggins in the paperdoll and list/ grid view containers
- fixed the buff / debuff system it should now display all buffs correctly also
the new bard buffs and the new gargoyle flying and berserk buff
- added the new Warningsystem
- added the configuration of the Warningsystem to the Lucis Settings

The Warningsystem:

The system is easy, who does it not know, a blood oath comes in and bam killed by the own hit. Now all is better, you can faster react because a big label is shown on the screen warning you that a blood oath is on your character.

The system can warn you for curses, blood oath and low hitpoints. If you have other suggestion, please leave a comment here. You can configure which warning you want to be displayed in the Lucis Settings reachable from the Main Menue.

Downloadlink: (updated 07/03/2010)

http://www.lucitus.de/downloads/Lucis_Interface_1_0_pre.zip

I hope you will have fun with my Interface and enjoy the gaming with it ;)

See you soon ingame!

Lucitus

Update:

I have updated the Interface for 4.0.7.5

I have removed the 100 FPS setting because it is not given by the default settingswindow, please note if you have set it to 100 fps in the last releases you have to set it now manually to 60 fps otherwise the default setting is only 10 fps. I will intigrate this option soon again to the Lucis Settings.

I have updated the Interface again and fixed a few known bugs.

I have added a new option "Right Click to close Healthbars" to the Lucis Settings. By default the right click is used to open the context menue again.

Known Bugs
- The Hotbar Tooltips for skills are wrong
- The Auto open backpack and paperdoll function is not working together with the new planed opening function of the Devs (removed)
- Disable other paperdolls is not working in this release (working on it should be resolved soon) (fixed)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks Lucitus. I kept forgetting to check the EC forum, so I missed this. Looking forward to checking out the new version.

For any that haven't tried this interface, it truly rocks... /free plug

:)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hey Lucitus, Did you ever get the Item properties evaluator incorporated into your interface?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No, I suggested it, but it isn't there yet. :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thats the only thing that keeps me from using it! I have become to used to having it to go without it!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well I know he at least has considered the idea, so let's hope he integrates that mod into his interface, because it is a good one.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
A word of warning to anyone using this interface. If you had your max fps set to 100, you will need to set it to 60 the first time you go into your options and change anything as the 100 fps option is no longer available. If you don't it will set max fps to 10, and I can assure you, that sucks... :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The problem was he didn't want to redesign the options menus every time there was a change, so he's looking for a good way to integrate the 100 fps option into his menu.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Fyi for those who are unsure its located in your user settings xml file

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for this 100 fps thing, i have forgotten to write into the notes. I hope you will still enjoy my Interface.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Lucitus, Did you ever get the Item properties evaluator incorporated into your interface?
I have such thing in development, i dont want to copy and paste it, i want to learn the code behind it and see if i can do something better or perhaps in another different way.

I dont want to say the evaluator out there is bad!

Lets ask you what do you think an itemproperties mod should look like?
Is too much coloring not bad?
Is it not an interesting thing in UO that you have to check your loot, also we have to calculate the limited access to the items, the itemproperties dont see if the displayed item is a ring or a weapon (dmg incr cap 25% to 50%). Should it be colored if high, or is a sum of all values at the end of the properties better?
How should resistance be calculated, note that all armor types have different values?

Tastes are different, so what is yours?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My only complaint with the new version is that paper dolls aren't being cancelled anymore when you have that option checked. It makes a big enough difference to me in pvp that I can't use the new version until that is fixed. I tried looking at it myself to see if I could figure out what was going on, but I'm afraid I couldn't... :(

Also the 100 fps limit was one of the best reasons to use this interface. If you can get that back in it would be a very good thing.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is it possible to make a mod where you have a character information sheet on other player's paper dolls, the way you do on your own? So you can quickly assess their strengths and weaknesses? I would think it would be possible because you can see all of your opponent's equipment in the EC.

It would also make it much easier for crafters to help friends or potential customers with their suits.

D

Diggity

Is it not an interesting thing in UO that you have to check your loot, also we have to calculate the limited access to the items, the itemproperties dont see if the displayed item is a ring or a weapon (dmg incr cap 25% to 50%). Should it be colored if high, or is a sum of all values at the end of the properties better?
How should resistance be calculated, note that all armor types have different values?

Been a few months since I've used your interface. Loaded the update a couple days ago and must say I'm very impressed. Looking forward to an itemproperties mod. In the meantime, I've found that the one I was using can be copied over to the Lucis source dir and I can still use it.

For me, coloring based on sum of all values is better than coloring based on individual property intensity. But most of the time, I don't look at loot - either grab it all for unraveling or just leave it. What would be useful is coloring of items that may be useful as base for later imbuing. Eg, 1/3 ring with no other mods or other 100% intensity useful property only items. This is hard to define and is subject to individual tastes so may not be possible tho.

The mobileonscreen mod seems to be working much better on my computer than the previous version. A couple things I would like to see:

1. If you already have the mobile health bar up, don't have it take a space on the mobileonscreen gump.
2. A way to filter out mob types you don't want to see from showing on the gump, eg energy vortex/nature fury etc.
3. A way to change the gump limit size on the fly. On my computer, having the value too high in high traffic areas can bog down. At the same time, the gump is less useful in most high traffic areas. So a dynamic way to lower the gump(pet) limit size would be useful.
4. A way to clear/reset the gump and update again.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For anyone who wants to use the Item Properties Highlighting and Item Properties Evaluator mods, all you have to do is unzip the packages and put all the files in the "Lucis Interface\Source" directory.

I'm doing this with the ItemPropertyHighlighting 1.0 mod available here and the Item Properties Evaluator mod 0.94 available here.

And I'm not actually sure the item properties highlighting mod is working... But the evaluator mod is...

If anyone knows of newer/improved versions of these mods, please let me know where they are. It seems to be a bit tricky to find the mods you are looking for.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For anyone who wants to use the Item Properties Highlighting and Item Properties Evaluator mods, all you have to do is unzip the packages and put all the files in the "Lucis Interface\Source" directory.
Apparently that's not right. For the Item Properties Highlighting mod make a folder called "Mods" in your "Lucis Interface" folder, and then unzip the contents of the package into that folder. I still don't know if it is working or not though. I'm getting pretty colours on my item properties, but I don't know if it is the highlighting mod, or if it is default on the evaluator mod...

And I'm still looking for newer versions of these. The evaluator mod seems a little flaky, it's not always displaying the value at the top on items, even if they do have magical properties. And I don't understand the colours... :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Apparently that's not right. For the Item Properties Highlighting mod make a folder called "Mods" in your "Lucis Interface" folder, and then unzip the contents of the package into that folder. I still don't know if it is working or not though. I'm getting pretty colours on my item properties, but I don't know if it is the highlighting mod, or if it is default on the evaluator mod...
Ok, I can't get the Item Properties Highlighting mod working, but the Item Properties Evaluator mod does work, although there are a number of things I don't like about that version. I suspect you can use the mods from Copper Enhanced if you like, just make sure you get all the dependencies, and I think it would work with the latest version of Lucis Interface. With older versions there are conflicts with the mods he has made to the options menu.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not able to get the Item Properties Highlighting working or the Item Properties Evaluator mod.:sad2:

Can you incorporate these Mods into the default client?

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not able to get the Grid View when opening my backpack even though it's set to default to Grid.

Anyone have an idea if I'm missing something or what I can do to fix it?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm not able to get the Item Properties Highlighting working or the Item Properties Evaluator mod.:sad2:

Can you incorporate these Mods into the default client?
For the Item Properties Evaluator mod all you need to do is copy the files from pgcd's mod to your "Lucis Interface\Source" folder and it should work. The link to the thread with a link to the download is in one of my posts above. You don't need to do anything special to get it working. However at this time the Item Properties Highlighting mod doesn't work with Lucis Interface.

I am not able to get the Grid View when opening my backpack even though it's set to default to Grid.

Anyone have an idea if I'm missing something or what I can do to fix it?
There is a problem with the grid view. I'm not sure it is a problem with Lucis Interface, or a problem with the client. If you have it set to grid nothing displays, you have to change it to list and then back to grid to get it to work. At least that is how it is working with me.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I dont want to say the evaluator out there is bad!

pgcd's Item Properties Evaluator mod is good, but there are things I would do differently with it. I haven't figured out the colours other than blue. The percentages for the properties makes the display cluttered. A simple (15/68) would do, the percentage isn't particularly useful imo.

The other thing I would like to see changed is the imbuing weight at the bottom. I would like to see that be an accurate reflection of the item's imbuing value. I also don't find the value at the top to be terribly useful. That's pretty subjective, and probably won't apply in any useful way to a piece you are trying to fit into a specific suit.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Played around with it got it working. The evalutor doesn't make much sense. It's not proportional to weight like in the imbueing menu?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Played around with it got it working. The evalutor doesn't make much sense. It's not proportional to weight like in the imbueing menu?
No it isn't. What it does as far as I can tell is assign the numbers a percentage weight based on the caps for each property. Which in the final analysis isn't terribly useful. I might take a look at it myself and see if I can fix that...

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The numbers were correct before Imbuing was changed. It hasn't been updated yet to reflect the recent Imbuing changes.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good suggestions here the MoS Window i will redesign a bit too, also i will intigrate the evaluator how i think it should look like, also i think the player should have as many options as possible to design his/ her own interface. Also i have to look at the scale mode for backpacks.

Filtering out Energy Vorexes or furys should be no problem because they all have the same name, but filtering a special type of monster is not possible because you cannot access the type via the Lua system.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only have 2 gripes about Lucis Interface and I'm betting I'm able to fix both of them myself if I could get a little more EC Savvy:

1) When I drag a healthbar or Pet Bar and right click on it...it closes out the bar. On the default client right clicking is what allows you to open up and choose from the menu. I prefer the default method much better personally.

2) Is the size of the runebook when opened. It blocks up too much of my screen.

Is there a way to fix or adjust either issues I'm having with the interface?

I'm also looking forward to seeing an evaluator that actually works. I think that would be a huge benefit when looting knowing what items will yield what.

Thanks for all your hardwork Lucis. What you did with UOKR was absolutely awesome and your doing the same with the EC. I like your vision and the direction you take your interface.:thumbup1:

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have updated the Interface again today. Not the biggest changes but i hope you will still enjoy it.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the fixes lucitus, I can use it now.

Just thought I'd mention that I absolutely love that I can use the Ultima font. Suddenly the EC feels almost more "Ultima" than the CC. :)

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That makes two of us! Count me in I'm now officially on the bandwagon again.:thumbup1:

Thanks for the option to allow the right click on bars to open up menus. Makes a world of difference.

The three current issues I have and wondering if they can be addressed:

1) The size of the runebook. For me it's too big and I get scared evertime I open it up.:gee:
2) Is that Chat Menu...It's driving me nuts that it scales from a transparent background to a more 'darker' back ground when I have the mouse in there. This is how it is in the Default Client as well not just Lucis Interface. When it's in it's default mode of 'transparent' I cannot see for the life of me what people are saying in the Chat Channels. I have to move my mouse over the Chat Menu (System/Journal) to get the dark background so I can actually see what it is people are saying. Am I all alone here or am I just getting blind and old?:sad3:

Is there anyway to make the background dark ALL the time?

3) Look forward to the day when you or someone comes up with an item evaluator that actually works in identifying the intensities so I can decide whether or not an item is actually worth looting and unravelling.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The three current issues I have and wondering if they can be addressed:

2) Is that Chat Menu...It's driving me nuts that it scales from a transparent background to a more 'darker' back ground when I have the mouse in there. This is how it is in the Default Client as well not just Lucis Interface. When it's in it's default mode of 'transparent' I cannot see for the life of me what people are saying in the Chat Channels. I have to move my mouse over the Chat Menu (System/Journal) to get the dark background so I can actually see what it is people are saying. Am I all alone here or am I just getting blind and old?:sad3:

Is there anyway to make the background dark ALL the time?

3) Look forward to the day when you or someone comes up with an item evaluator that actually works in identifying the intensities so I can decide whether or not an item is actually worth looting and unravelling.
I'm with you on the chat window and the item evaluator I use the item evaluator as it is, with a few modifications, but I haven't managed to get it to give accurate imbuing weightings for items.