• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Lucidity takes Governorship of Britain

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
From a merchant born gargoyle of The Royal City to Governor of Sosaria's capital. It has been quite a life thusfar for Lucidity and it is only just beginning.
A few words from the gargoyle herself,

It was a long time coming, this harmony between human and gargoyle. To think back on our ancestors and the hate and sadness we each experienced it is a proud moment for me, as well as for all of us. We have finally closed the door behind us of hatred and distrust! I hereby accept the seat of Governor of the great Capital City of Britain and invite the Governors of all the cities to stop by, send a runner, or a pigeon and communicate as a whole with us here in the Capital.
There are those who deserve special thanks for helping me arrive at my destination. In no particular order, my friends I thank you,
@Alexander of ATL.
@Promathia
@Longtooths
@Olcher
@Dregg
The folks at TGI @xblade + @yardman
@Pampa DH
@ivester77
@Smoot
@Laina
@ultimakong
@Daegan
@ivester77
@Malik
@Goodmann
@Pfloyd
@shushu
@Scott
@Mithryl Elves, @The Griefer King, @Giggles, and all of [Z3RG]
@War Pig
@shushu
@Kasimir

@Judas D'arc

and all the rest who came to vote or just show support. I am happy to say all of my friends play multiple shards and are happy to come spend time on Catskills to grow our community back to what it once was, if they are welcomed.

If there is anyone out there who still doubts that Sosaria is a place where all things are possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, last night was your answer.

Thank you, everyone, even those who rally against me, for you teach me to be that much stronger.

Sincerely,

The New Governor of Britain,

Lucidity

Jacuyl

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Congratulations on your election. I look forward to seeing what you do with the city and attending any events you host.

Please, keep in mind that my guild is role-playing an evil-aligned group. Please, do not take mine and my guild mates In Character opinions to be our real ones off-screen. We are absolutely NOT griefing you or trying to make anyone feel bad in real life. So don't stress over any of it, it's all in fun.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Aedon you do not fall in that category at all! You cannot fool me!

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Congrats!
It seems I missed quite the night of excitement. Stupid RL has been crazy.
Hopefully everyone can take a step back and accept the value and fun of elections. Similar to rl elections UO elections can become very intense. You are allowed to win by popularity, bribery, smear campaigns, and buying votes. It might not necessarily be "fair" to the people who only play one server... but the same fate would happen in real life to governors who only speak about one city as opposed to statewide changes, and appealing to voters all over the state, by friendships, promises or otherwise.
Flutter plays a lot of servers and thus has a lot of supporters. That's something that cannot be changed.
Ultima Online is very much a multi-shard game at this point. I can only think of a hand full of people who 100% ONLY play one server.
Friendships are currency in Ultima Online, in more ways then one. That is one of the many beauty's of this game.
I can't think of anyway that the devs could change a system that allows the elections entirely in the hands of the players (shard citizens and visitors), and still be able to call it an election.

Anyways, my two cents for what its worth.
I hope everyone involved can shake hands and work on planning their next campaign =)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Funny how you thank a self-proclaimed cheater in the OP...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Funny how you thank a self-proclaimed cheater in the OP...
I don't know anything about that, or who you are even talking about. I know that these people were kind to me. I judge people by how they treat me, not by how other people perceive them to be. ")

Jacuyl

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I could name one off the bat who you thank up above, but in a locked forum here admits he was paying people 1 mil to vote for you. But, you keep saying you don't know anything about that. I don't really care about the bought votes, to be honest, real life is the same way and that is why corporations control our government. So UO imitates life in that respect.

The Griefer King said :

and me running people from atl and paying upwards to 4 mil per vote to help one of my friends win something that means something to hear does not imply that iam a trammy.
http://community.stratics.com/threads/continuing-the-discussion-on-competition.328617/http://community.stratics.com/threads/continuing-the-discussion-on-competition.328617/

I was talking about this in game when you were threatening to page on me. Like I said, I don't really care about buying votes, that's how the world unfortunately works. What bothers me is the constant denial. Just own it.

I posted the link and quote so you would see it.

I still look forward to seeing what you do with the governorship in game.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can anyone say no to that Papa Smurf avatar?