• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luc or Jeremy

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remove RoT from siege.. Im not going to write out a million page essay on the reasons for it...

JUST PLEASE REMOVE IT.

Allow our shard to prosper.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe just increase the daily gain limit a bit.

Its supposed to *mean* something when you max out a Siege character. I don't think it should be made to match the regular shards.

So, personally I don't think they should remove it.

G

I started again on Seige about 6 weeks ago, and so I am still in ROT on my chars. I do not mind ROT, but the daily Cap really should be raised. Doubled would be a great start.

3 months to get a char to 7 x GM used to be in line with UO Production shards years ago, but lets face it, you can power game almost any template to 7 x GM on the production shards in a week these days.

There are a lot of players who would love to play Seige, but do not want to take 3 months to be competative.

G

I started playing Siege a little over a month ago and have enjoyed it far more than any prodo shard I hve played on, the only killer is RoT.

Siege was ment to be Difficult, however I have GMd so many different temps in uo over the last 9 years and really hate the pain of RoT. RoT does not make Siege more difficult, it makes it more tedious and bores the crap out of me. Siege is supposed to be for Experienced players and I would agree it is not easy and not for everyone, however RoT Keeps most experienced players away and most newplayers that hit the shard really dont understand the difference. Either Remove it or adjust the timers and daily limits up to a more reasonable rate. one that is roughly in line with the Prodo Shard.

N

nineninefour

RoT makes skills more valuable.

On Siege, a player can get by and halfway survive with an arsenal of 90, 85 and even 80 skills.

On production shards, GM skills might as well say "apprentice" on your paperdoll if you're planning on sightseeing in fel.

RoT is good. RoT stays.

G

<blockquote><hr>

RoT makes skills more valuable.

Bah that is an Old song sung to many times. what difference does it make if it takes 2 weeks or 3 months to get to GM or even 120. I get no enjoyment out of developing skills I have worked numerous times to GM or better over the last several years.

On Siege, a player can get by and halfway survive with an arsenal of 90, 85 and even 80 skills.

Any new player on Siege wether a 10 year vet or a true New Player is at a tremendous disadvantage for a very long time. And the old song about "I had to do it so should you" is BS to. and BTW I have spent countless hours over the last 2 months Developing Chars and am still only at high 80 low 90 on only a few skills.

On production shards, GM skills might as well say "apprentice" on your paperdoll if you're planning on sightseeing in fel.

Same thing on Siege, no difference just takes a hell of a lot longer.

RoT is good. RoT stays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Spiritless

I'd not be in favour of removing RoT, but certainly a re-evaluation of the caps that are currently in place would be welcomed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Whats ROT

[/ QUOTE ]
(to quote from the playguide)

A variation of the “Rate Over Time” (ROT) system will be returning to Siege Perilous, and will apply to all skills:
* Skill points for skills under 70 points will gain as normal shards.
* Skill points for skills between 70 and 79.9 points will gain a maximum of 3.6 points total per day, with a minimum of 5 minutes between point gained.
* Skill points for skills between 80 and 98.9 points will gain a maximum of 2 points total per day, with a minimum of 10 minutes between point gained.
* Skill points for skills 99.0 points and up will gain a maximum of 2 points total per day, with a minimum of 15 minutes between point gained.

edit: found a better link

K

Khaza

I have been on SP since December

I am very active and have collected almost all of my ROT gains and am still working skills to try to finish off my character.

ROT is a great idea and a welcome sense of acomplishment. However, it needs to have either a greater gain cap per day or the chance for purely random gains as you play.

G

i have been on siege perilous ONLY since around the begining of 02 and started playing here around before that. and i have to say that ROT is the best thing about training skills on siege. i can just log on whenever its convient and get a skill gain, i dont have to go out for HOURS and attempt to gain skill, and i dont have to spend 10+ hours macroing or working skills up that take waste a ****load of resources to train if you want to do it that way.

That being said, i will agree the ROT cap should be AT LEAST DOUBLED to 4.0 points a day between 80-120 skill, and make it so you can gain AT LEAST twice as often, so every 10 mins for skills between 80-120.

I

imported_Spiritless

<blockquote><hr>

i have been on siege perilous ONLY since around the begining of 02 and started playing here around before that. and i have to say that ROT is the best thing about training skills on siege. i can just log on whenever its convient and get a skill gain, i dont have to go out for HOURS and attempt to gain skill, and i dont have to spend 10+ hours macroing or working skills up that take waste a ****load of resources to train if you want to do it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]This pretty much also sums up why I most certainly wouldn't like to see the RoT system scrapped, or reverted to random gains/GGS. As a system, it works well at saving time and resources.

Again, I feel just the daily caps need adjusting.

G

agreed i dont mind the rot system, just the length of time it takes to even gm a char. for someone that can only play afew hours a week it could take ayear or more to complete a char

G

yea its just a lil annoying cause i LOVE the system, but hate that i can't log on EVERY freaking 20 mins to get my gains for the entire day.

Only thing on RoT that needs a fix is the daily limits and time caps, they need to be updated to encourage more players to make characters on siege and not have this 3-4 months possibley 6-12 months for some players time frame monkey on their back until they are able to compete. It needs to be sped up

Plus, some of us on siege have invested A LOT in soul stones, and we are really getting BORED trying to train up skills under this incredibly slow system. I mean im up to 20-30 skill trained on siege and i can barely stand it anymore, i dont know how some have ALL the skills fully trained on characters. yes i mean you shakaja mr blaze crazy euro.