• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LS Town Crier..ICQ Style

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"News!"

"I have no news at this time."

"What's this? But you say you have news to share and I always miss out on what is going on on our fair shard. Pray tell how will I know?"

"Ask Airmid."

*sighs*

"but sometimes she forgets to drop a note at my door. Won't you please give me updates through the week as to the events on Lake Superior?"

"Perhaps it can be arranged."

Announcing the LS Town Crier coming soon to an icq number near you..er that is you.

If you would like to be reminded of auctions and events on Lake Superior and have an icq contact number the town crier will send you a message. Here is how this will work:

Send an icq request authorization to the

LS TownCrier at icq#235-634-153

Once a day (and absolutely no more than twice a day) you will receive an update on what events are taking place on LS for the day. A reminder will go out prior to the event to give you a chance to prepare.
Please note: Reminders for the weekend will go out on Friday as the town crier has a home and family

There is no need to respond to the town crier as she has many doors to knock on. If you have any questions you may want to ask the event coordinator as she is only here to relay the news.

The town crier will not announce buy/sell/trade items but will of course announce Auctions.

If you have any events or auctions you would like her to announce you may send her a note at

icq 235-634-153

up to one day prior to the event. Please be kind to her and do not send her a note the day of an activity.

If you would like an emergency bulletin of an EM event just specify EM2 in your authorization request and you will be tagged with an EM notify mark. If the town crier is aware of it she will of course send out the word if she can.

Will there be exceptions to the guidelines? Of course and strictly up to her discretion.

(so yes, I have found a way to organize my contact list for those I have been sending event reminders to and a way to let others know too. Kariny has offered to help *hugs* and will be able to wear the town crier cap too *smiles*)

**~~**
Many thanks to Sabina for taking on the town crier reigns for Kariny. *smiles*

G

This is an excellent and very helpful idea. All hail Airmid!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*An Corp*

Just a reminder to new comers to LS that we have a great way to update all on the days events so you don't have to worry about forgetting.

The LS Town Crier has been a great success thanks to Kariny. She has diligently made sure all on the town crier list know what the evening will bring them. Thank you Kariny and to all those hosting these great events!

G

Also, I'd like to notify recipents of the Town Crier icqs to please forgive ICQ. At times it's tad faulty and will resend the messages.

D

Dreamlore

hey you!!
youalredi got my icq can youputme onit to plese
hugs til you puut
heh

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this still done? I used to be on the list, but I haven't had ICQ forever now....

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup, still being done. I got one just yesterday in fact BUT the town crier has been a bit sporadic with who she chooses to get the message to and we can't put a finger on why save for the amount of people now on her list.

So I might suggest asking her to re-add your number? It might help? Please let us know if after trying that her messages are still not getting through Mon-Fri.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, the town crier is still active for anyone wondering *smiles*