• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] loyalty rating on a craftsman?

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how do you gain it? am I the only one who thinks its ******** that you have to go kill monsters on your crafter? is there another way? a better way?

thats just bad game design. any help?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how do you gain it? am I the only one who thinks its ******** that you have to go kill monsters on your crafter? is there another way? a better way?

thats just bad game design. any help?
You don't need loyalty ratings craft away. It's only for the benefit of using the Queens forge for imbuing. My imbuer used magery and alchemy and killed toxic sliths till I could use the forge.

L

LoL/Sonoma

Some of us dont have any room for fighting (or even recalling) skills on our crafter templates ;)

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Party with another that can kill things and you will get some Loyalty. You can also help by throwing potions. Greater Explosion and Greater Confusion Blast can be handy for non combat crafters.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Party with another that can kill things and you will get some Loyalty. You can also help by throwing potions. Greater Explosion and Greater Confusion Blast can be handy for non combat crafters.
This is what i do at events and when new bosses are introduced, i jump on servers i dont have build up chars on and train my skills up while throwing pots at the bosses, as its always a big broup i gain skills without dying, loot everything left over to sell to npcs while still doing enough damage to sometimes get looting rights.

The main aim of this is so i can build up a good fighting char on every server to be able to log in on any shard and have fun even if its 4am and my main shard is dead at that time ;)

Thunderz

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some of us dont have any room for fighting (or even recalling) skills on our crafter templates ;)

So, you don't have room for a +15 Magery ring, a +15 magery bracelet (or +10 Alchemist's bauble), and a +10 Magery spellbook (+15 if a TOT or Halloween book)?

35-45 Magery, plus maxed EP, is more enough for transit, as well as to fight stuff to train up (throw potions, and cast mind blast & blade spirits from scrolls), without having any real skill points in it.

IF you are still training the character, have all points not in your crafting skills in Magery, with magery going down as you train.

IF your character is fully trained, odds are another crafter in your stable has the ability to craft the scrolls, the potions, or both - or you know someone who can. Getting someone to imbue the +15 onto jewelry should be cheap and easy - same goes for EP, though you might go the route of getting a crappy Ecru Citrine ring that has 50% EP and awful other properties, that can be imbued to add the magery. Getting the spellbook is just a matter of buying a Tome of Lost Knowledge, or having a 120 mage burn through a bunch of blank scrolls until a book with 10-12 magery pops out.

If my otherwise-skillless BOD runners could get looting rights on Melissa and Sicarii with EP jewels, scrolls and greater explosions, anyone should be able to get Ter Mur Queen loyalty in the same manner.

At worst, use combat characters to farm the items for Axem's quests, and take the quests and turn them in with the crafter. Even that method, without any combat for the crafter, should be able to get your crafter to 10k within 3 months at worst, if you average 120 loyalty from quests a day.

L

LoL/Sonoma

True enough ... but is it too much to ask that my crafter be allowed to, i dont know, CRAFT to gain loyalty? =)

This game isnt all about fighting and i hate having to take characters that arent fighters and faking it just long enough to meet some dumb artificial requirement so that i can go back to crafting.

Besides ... is there really NOTHING the city of Ter Mur could use crafted? =)

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need loyalty ratings craft away. It's only for the benefit of using the Queens forge for imbuing. My imbuer used magery and alchemy and killed toxic sliths till I could use the forge.
Yeah i just want to use the forge. Toxic sliths is actually what ive been killing (with a Vollem).. guess im doing everything i can. the whole thing just seems stupid.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah i just want to use the forge. Toxic sliths is actually what ive been killing (with a Vollem).. guess im doing everything i can. the whole thing just seems stupid.
You can get a lot of gold and hides and stuff to unravel as you kill them. If you kill them while you are training imbuing you can unravel it all for skill gain too. I didn't mind, added magery and inscription to my imbuers skill list now alchemy carpentry tinker imbuer mage scribe with eval and cooking traded off on stones. there are also quests (percolem the hunter) that you can do that will gain you loyalty points and then some imbuing stuff and maybe gold or hides.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
True enough ... but is it too much to ask that my crafter be allowed to, i dont know, CRAFT to gain loyalty? =)
At least there is the Axem option - while it requires you to have a combat character to get the stuff (pottery frags, scroll pieces, untranslated ancient tome), but while not crafting to gain loyalty, it's doing quests to GET stuff to craft with, with a loyalty side-benefit.

blazehammer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can also get loyalty points from sleim the fence in ter mur north east corner of city take 1 crystal blackrock and 2 perfect emeralds for each quest and you get 75 points and one random essence per quest you can do this with a crafter or any char for loyalty points. to get you to 10k points so if your a gargoyale you have 2k points so you only need to get 8k more points. if you on lake austin i will show you where it is pm me if you need me

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did this also, with magery only. tho i had to fix a tome of knowledge for him since i kept fizzeling on EV :) you find a good bunch about east/northeast of royal city i believe, so long ago i forgot excactly.