• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lowering stone walls, filling in gaps. How to?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember reading about someone saying you could lower stone walls into the gaps when adding interior walls.

How? When I place a wall piece above and use the deco-tool, I just get the message "you cannot lower it down any further."

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Place a ladder then climb up so you are higher. The ladder from the deeds. I can't remember where it comes from though. Maybe heritage token.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have placed a goza mat with (Char A)
use (Char B) to put the wall piece.
have (Char A) lower the goza mat (I use a macro: last object, last target)
the wall piece should lower as it does

(I did this when they first came out, not sure if this still works)

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Cinderella , So there's a couple of south wall gaps on my first floor. Above on the second floor it's clear so I can place a corner wall piece. If I put this on a goza and lower the goza the wall piece will lower too.

Sorry, I've been unable to test due to work. Otherwise I'd already have checked it out myself.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well so far I've not been able to get anything to work. I get the same message for the goza as the wall piece. Goza is placed on 2nd floor. I run to first floor and attempt to lower it. Cannot go any lower.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have you tried putting it inside a crate & chopping the crate?
I thought about that but the tile where I want the wall piece to land is already occupied by a corner piece so the crate won't sit upon the correct tile.

UO0055.jpg

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
oh I see.
that's why some of the designers have been leaving the corners empty.
so the owner can decide which direction they want to go from there.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Lowering into spaces like that cannot be done from above the ceiling.

Each level of a house has a set Z-axis count (I believe is 16 - need to check that) from the floor below. Once an item goes above that Z-count, it is officially on the next floor and cannot be lowered if something else is occupying the spot - as in your sample pic (a pillar is occupying the placement spot).

And yes - it is this reason that some interior corner pieces are left out, or a 90-degree wall piece used in construction, so whomever gets the house can decide what they want to do.

Most times, I use a 90-degree wall for these places when constructing.

Sometimes using the circle of transparency (better in the CC than EC) will allow the raising of a wall into a spot from a lower level, but lowering from above the Z-axis limit I've not been able to do myself - and I try, believe me.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I've tried everything I can think of too. I just thought, that I remembered reading, someone had said they were able to fill in those gaps by lowering a piece from above. I must have read it wrong or remember it wrong because obviously it cannot be done.

As you might be able to tell from the pic that's a standard keep. I've given up on the custom design contests and finally, after waiting years, decided to use granite to do my own. So far that's been my biggest issue.

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stone doors can be placed and secured in their open position on an accessible tile, so that when they shut they fill in a gap. This works for most situations, possibly with the exception of the eastern-most wall. I cannot remember off the top of my head which door fills the specific gap that you have pictured above.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stone doors can be placed and secured in their open position on an accessible tile, so that when they shut they fill in a gap. This works for most situations, possibly with the exception of the eastern-most wall. I cannot remember off the top of my head which door fills the specific gap that you have pictured above.
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!

Works too! Thanks.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I've tried everything I can think of too. I just thought, that I remembered reading, someone had said they were able to fill in those gaps by lowering a piece from above. I must have read it wrong or remember it wrong because obviously it cannot be done.

As you might be able to tell from the pic that's a standard keep. I've given up on the custom design contests and finally, after waiting years, decided to use granite to do my own. So far that's been my biggest issue.
You may be mixing it up with a comment I made in that you can sometimes fill some of those gaps by raising a piece up from the floor below, subject to being able to get under it. I have done that in a few spots in the spires to fill that kind of gap.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the same issue, but didn't understand the instructions to fill the gap. Can you show a couple pictures on how to do that?
UO0099.jpg UO0100.jpg UO0101.jpg

What you do is drop a door piece down. Have to experiment to get the correct piece. When you set it down, open it. It will remain in the open position when you pick it up and move it to where you want it. Lock it down. When it returns to the closed position it will overlap thru the other wall piece as seen in the 2nd pic.