• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] low level runics - whats the best thing to make?

T

Teeshy

If I want to just burn through a crapload of low level runic hammers, what would be the best weapon to make (hoping for a random high roll of course! =D) Katana's? I'm not sure what would sell best if I got a good one =)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you have a supply of the gems from mining, look for some of the items with nice special properties (like the ones that are automatically a slayer of some sort), and ones that give a DCI bonus.

As for normal items, I'm not sure what the popular weapons are now.

T

Teeshy

Thanks! I dont have super amounts of mining gems, so I might save them for a better runic ;) I have a couple dozen dull copper runics, and I just want to free up some lockdowns =P

I might just make whatever takes my fancy at the time ;)

X

xStrikerx

Using dull copper or shadow runics to make items isnt even worth the ingots it uses IMO.

S

Sir Kenga

Try to make shields. It is possible to make 15/15 with dc runics. Use shadow ingots for durability or gold for luck.