• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Love the Gold or Hate the Gold

Messana's Touch - everything turns to gold

• I love the gold

• I hate all the gold

Results are only viewable after voting.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it seems like every item now is that gold color, which used to be cool. In my humble opinion, now is boring and flat out sucks. What is messanas fetish with the gold hue? Sosaria may never know, but a once amazing color has become boring to me. The blackthorns stealables looked amazing, however now even those gold items have lost there luster in the sea of gilded tackyness.

MORE GOLD? NO THANKS.

i would prefer no item to another gold item. just my 2 cents (paid in silver, NOT GOLD)

Jan 15 - The Gilded Skeleton Of A Forsaken Lover (20)
Jan 27 - A Golden Palm Cut By The Crew Of The Craven Heart (20)
these 2 were cool, i was pretty impressed. hadnt seen that color much :)

then we get the flood. i have never seen in my entire UO life this many single variety colored drops in a 1month time period. very lame. :lame:
Mar 26 - Cartload of Heirlooms And Treasures Plundered From The Vault Of An Ancient Sosarian Family (25)
Apr 14 - Ancient Crystaline Computer Wrested From The Mangled Corps Of An Artificial Intelligence (25)
Mar 17 - Luckys Pot O Gold (10)
Mar 30 - A Long Time Lost Relic From Lord British Castle (15)
Mar 28 - The Reverse-Blade Sword Of The Hitokiri Battosai Manslayer [Replica]
Apr 6 - A Premium Egg Of Luigi Eggstra (10)
Apr 28 - The Complete Book of Dragons

all in all, i urge the EMs to NOT use anymore gold. there is black, green, blue even. ANYTHING BUT GOLD PLEASE.

Last edited:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would actually prefer them to find a way to make new items in general... seems to be most em drops are just an item already in the game, painted and tagged with a different name.... why ive always considered old armor, server births etc... to be pure rares with EM events being more like a souvenir you get at the airport.

AntiquarianNuja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i'd rather them do away with most em drops, only a few every now and then and make people actually work for rare items like grinding, questing, ect. I miss the day of racing to log on after server up for the fruit basket, or grinding obsidian statue quest in hopes of getting a rare name. Also, I loved killing ants trying for the picnic basket.

Aquarius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So it seems like every item now is that gold color, which used to be cool. In my humble opinion, now is boring and flat out sucks. What is messanas fetish with the gold hue? Sosaria may never know, but a once amazing color has become boring to me. The blackthorns stealables looked amazing, however now even those gold items have lost there luster in the sea of gilded tackyness.

MORE GOLD? NO THANKS.

i would prefer no item to another gold item. just my 2 cents (paid in silver, NOT GOLD)

AGREED

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Smoot Don't forget the "a massive block of pure gold" from a while ago.

It's definitely a bit of a gold overload o.0
The first 2 or 3 were fun, and although the new items still have good names the color is being over used quite a bit.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the Massive Block was a perfect example of the color being used well. i didnt include it becuase it was way back in the last season, as well as some other once very attractive items like the catskills stealing statue and treasure chest. While we've had many gold colored rares over the years, this unatural influx of glam is something thats just making all those items sink into the this month's gilded swamp.

I love gold as much as the next guy, but will refuse to have it shoved down my throat!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Smoot stop spreading your negativity all over the place! Say something nice!

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I honestly have no problem with it. You are playing a 16 year old game. That has gone out of its way to pay Event Moderators to entertain you many times a week. Where else can you get this in a game as often as you do here?

I find it a little like biting the hand that feeds you.