• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Love my Sim friends but, man can they eat! LOL

• Thread starter Heidi14663
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
H

Heidi14663

I am looking for suggestions for my welcome House. I am in need of a solution to the issue of free sims and keeping them fed. Because we are a welcome lot a large portion of our fan base are free members with no means of contributing for the goods and services consumed while in property. Now, please don't get me wrong I love them all but It has become increasingly difficult to keep up. I feel as if we are paying for all the free trial folks to play! Is this really fair? I mean we are what makes or breaks a players decision to pay or not to pay am I right? They are limited to the types of properties they can make use of, they cannot earn at a job. Many of these Sims feel badly that they cannot contribute to food and the like, and would be more than willing to, "earn thier keep", as it were..
I realize there are many ways to build an income within your property, but that only works if Sims have Simoleans. We as Welcome Homes, are one of the very first impressions new Sims have of EaLand. Can you help us to make the experience better for them as well as ourselves?
Either with a property bonus of some kind or making it easier to earn on my own by raising the pay scales?
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you..

P

Paula777

Either you wanna house with a lot of visitors to care for, or you close down and go jamming a lil...

P

Paula777

not trying, more confused why you starting this.. theres a huge threat about same subjects two threats down ...

.. if you like hosting, and supporting newbies go jam a lil to afford it, you don't have to be hosting every chance you get

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am looking for suggestions for my welcome House. I am in need of a solution to the issue of free sims and keeping them fed. Because we are a welcome lot a large portion of our fan base are free members with no means of contributing for the goods and services consumed while in property. Now, please don't get me wrong I love them all but It has become increasingly difficult to keep up. I feel as if we are paying for all the free trial folks to play! Is this really fair? I mean we are what makes or breaks a players decision to pay or not to pay am I right? They are limited to the types of properties they can make use of, they cannot earn at a job. Many of these Sims feel badly that they cannot contribute to food and the like, and would be more than willing to, "earn thier keep", as it were..
I realize there are many ways to build an income within your property, but that only works if Sims have Simoleans. We as Welcome Homes, are one of the very first impressions new Sims have of EaLand. Can you help us to make the experience better for them as well as ourselves?
Either with a property bonus of some kind or making it easier to earn on my own by raising the pay scales?
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you..

[/ QUOTE ]
They are like raccoons - if you feed them, you'll never get rid of them.

Sorry.

Seriously, in your situation there is no recourse. If you want to continue you have to provide the necessary yourself. That's the way the game is set up, and any changes (IF they were to make any) would be at the lower end of the list, and thus, months away.
Not defending it - just explaining it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanx Paula,
Most helpful...

[/ QUOTE ]

I detect a note of sarcasm, but unfortunately she's correct. We've always known in EAL that free players cannot earn simoleans, so if you made a property there, you *knew* ahead of time that you'd basically be footing the bill for them being there, so maybe it's just that you did not realize how much money it would cost to feed them, or that you didn't take enough time with the present payouts to make enough of a 'stockpile' of simoleans to be able to keep up with it, or are keeping your lot open too many hours a day as opposed to the hours a day you are spending skilling and making money. The only way you're going to cut your costs is to make money more, to buy simoleans from EA, or to keep your property open less. I don't think Paula wa being malicious or rude with her answer, just honest....making free players your primary target is a noble, noble goal, but it's not for the faint of heart or someone who doesn't play a great many hours a day. What I'd do in your situation is I'd max a skill, and then I'd open my property 3 or 4 days a week, and then spend the other time making gobs of money objects to stockpile simoleans for the other days, or I'd only open my property for an hour or two a day, if you want to make a little money every day and not spend an entire day doing nothing but making money. You asked for suggestions, but with a situation like this unfortunately all the suggestions that are applicable aren't gonna be ones that are 100% pleasant

H

Heidi14663

wow Paula did not mean to pee in your cheerios here. Was just looking to get some "new" suggestions..

Have a good day..

H

Heidi14663

Thank you for stopping in and taking the time to post..

G

What are you feeding them? Maybe there is a cheaper way. Do you have a high cookin skill? btw I think you are doing the community a wonderful service.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Heidi,

One greening cycle is approximate 40 real life minutes, which equates to about 8 sim hours. I would suggest you post meal times in sim hours on your house bio and on a sign at the front entrance.

Breakfast served at 6:00 AM.
Lunch served at 12:00 PM
Dinner served at 6:00 PM.
Midnight snacks served at uh...midnight...duh.

I find only preparing food on a schedule saves you time and money. Your regular visitors will become accustomed to your schedule and show up to eat at that time. Those that show up an hour early often stick around for that next free meal. Those not wishing to wait, will at least be aware of your serving times and might drop by again.

Remember, you want guests that appreciate your time and effort. Those that cannot show you the respect of waiting for dinner are probably not people that you want to spend alot of time with anyway.

Personally, I don't commit to more than serving breakfast when I'm at home. I leave for work at 8:00 AM every morning so most people know i'll be up and cooking breakfast. When I actually go home after work, I'll cook dinner for anyone that shows up.

Maybe you need a job to get you out of the house at least 8 sim hours a day. This would help you afford to host and put you on a regular schedule.

H

Heidi14663

Ty for stopping in and sending your kudos. I really don't mind helping the new players. Maybe I was not clear on that point. I just wanna be the most Simarific Sim I can be and get a bit worried sometimes when it takes so very very long to earn the means to be just that. We have so many clever sims here I was just looking for some new and creative ways to keep the newplayers comin..

Happy days..

S

sweetsimmichelle

How about putting the icecream, hotdog, &amp; McDonald stands out and charge a small fee......

I have them on my lot and people use them....
I have had newb's and even old sims come to my lot &amp; like the idea the stands are there because its something "different" to eat...I even charge a small fee &amp; they pay

The other day I had a newb in the house trying to strike up a convo with the icecream man

G

My vote would be for cake and cookies !

I have more cakes then I could ever need, let me know your sim name and I'll try and find you in game sometime and give you one.

Cake never ever runs out and I'm thinking new players might have fun lighting the candles

Polly

I

imported_MattelMichele

Gracie,
I love your idea about having meal times, I may have to incorporate this into my service lot.

Now that HC has gone up in TC3 to 25.00 for a group meal, it may be my only means of simmus survival. I'd hate to shut down the lot &amp; become anti-social, cause that just wont do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

How about putting the icecream, hotdog, &amp; McDonald stands out and charge a small fee......

I have them on my lot and people use them....
I have had newb's and even old sims come to my lot &amp; like the idea the stands are there because its something "different" to eat...I even charge a small fee &amp; they pay

The other day I had a newb in the house trying to strike up a convo with the icecream man

[/ QUOTE ]

*nods vigorously*

I was at Java's pizza place in TC3 tonight doing jams to kill time (
never again, jam payouts are terrible when you are used to diner payouts) and they had a McD's dessert kiosk. I haven't seen one of those that had more options than to 'hide' underneath it, meaning it was just there for deco, in a very long time, so I was ecstatic, and happily paid the 1 simolean for my hot fudge sundae, giggled while I watched my sim eat it, and even increased the amount I would have tipped had there not been anything 'extra' there...so even if those things cost the owner more than a simolean a piece to stock, he got extra money off me to make up for others who wouldnt' tip extra. It was great fun! It might not be in a month or so when the *newness* wears off, but hey, I am enjoying it while I can

S

Shyanne1

That is nice of you Polly. Heidi was only asking for suggestions. I think it's great she wants to be a welcome house and help newbies but you do have to admit that there is no incentive to be one. Paying sims don't go to welcome houses most times and free players can't pay. I know, I know this game isn't all about money or profit but I'm sure you can see her point. Perhaps an object could be introduced that can only be used in welcome houses to feed sims with no money. Other sites have this (neopets) and they can tell when you don't have money. This object could be used for free and paying subscribers. This would be a fun way to solve the problem. Welcome houses do provide a service whether they get paid for it or not. I'm sure skill and money houses wouldn't like a bunch of free sims that can't do anything standing around their house, eating their food and using up space that paying sims could be using.

I

imported_Fire Dragon

I thought Welcome Lots were free-green, as such.. why would they need to eat? Unless they are going out and running amuck and coming back to your place for a free feed then maybe they should feel guilty about not being able to contribute...

Perhaps i was mistaken by the free-green catergory, idk...

I

imported_MattelMichele

<blockquote><hr>

I thought Welcome Lots were free-green, as such.. why would they need to eat? Unless they are going out and running amuck and coming back to your place for a free feed then maybe they should feel guilty about not being able to contribute...

Perhaps i was mistaken by the free-green catergory, idk...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the free green only applies to residence lots.

H

Heidi14663

Hiya sweet,
Thanks for stopping in and offering your idea.. Sadly I don't think I could use these objects as free players could not pay for them. But the thought is duly noted.. Have a super day!

G

It does.

The reason I asked about your cooking skill is you can make hamburgers that will fill hunger for 1 buck, with maxed cooking. The silver fridges cost half what the black do, if u have a higher cooking skill it will be just as filling. The bbq is a bit messy because you can only pick up one plate at a time. Your guests can help by picking up after themselves. Now we have CC tables you could make a bbq area with picnic tables and benches. With a trash can handy. With no cooking skills the buffet is a good choice, it costs a dollar a plate. You can pick up the buffet and store it in inventory to keep the flies away. Only puting it out at meal times.

R

Roger Wilco

Get a rich friend (store owner perhaps?) to help defray your costs, and in return add that such and such lot is helping you in your property description. After some of these free players become paying they might do their shopping from that store.

Sponsoring a welcome lot would be good advertising.

G

Those things are still bugged for the owner. When I click on them as the owner the only options are manage and hide, even when fully stocked. The guests get the option to buy whatever they want.

G

"They are limited to the types of properties they can make use of, they cannot earn at a job. Many of these Sims feel badly that they cannot contribute to food and the like, and would be more than willing to, "earn thier keep", as it were.."

I know two free playing sims that have jobs. My question is...Are free players allowed to work at the jobs or not?

G

<font color="green">Store sponsoring</font>
Trying to get sponsored by a store is a good idea. Maybe someone who sees this can contact you to help out. Don't know if the store owners are that rich either though, maybe the top 10.

<font color="green">Tip jars</font>
Also, put out a tip jar. Not all sims are free accounts, even though maybe 95% are. I sometimes go to welcome places just to look at the new players / hang out with friends who are free players. I'll be sure to tip from now on if I do that.

<font color="green">Need new job agency for free players</font>
There should be some way the free players can earn something. Sure if they are industrious I guess they can hire themselves out as maids or stand up comedians... But most people probably aren't that industrious but just go with the means the game provides.
There should be an in-game job agency for them

I believe they can take the waitress job or something, but will receive no pay.

G

LOL I saw your question so I got a job on my free acct. I went to work and worked half the shift. I made 200 for dancing. I would have made more but my dj was too red, so i got low pay that round. Most i got 60 for. lol that one was 9 without a dj. I left work and landed at home with my pay intact. To sum it up there is no reason I could not tip or pay for food on that acct.

When you posted the question my sim was without a job. It took me less than an hour to find the job I wanted and make 200 simoleans. I even had to go to 2 dif houses to find the dancing job.