• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lots of Corpses....a Despise quandry

P

Pasquinade

What is with these folks running around Despise-2 who are blasting everything in sight and not looting, but running to the next and the next? Maybe some are gaining skill? But what about the "Lord (unnamed)" who gallops (on his pony) from ettin to ettin annihilating each with Meteor Swarm? Are they gaining skill? Gaining fame?
These few make it hard for lesser skilled players to enjoy Despise (gain some skill and cash).
I just don't get it.
Oooh Banana Moonpies....
Where's my RC cola?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They are trying for the anti-virtue dungeon artifact frops, to get the 10,000 points each is worth in the clean-up.

They'll disappear once the spring cleaning is over, and should leave when they get a drop (typically, it's better to kill big stuff for 10-15 minutes after a drop to get the base chance back up).

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
low risk chance for 10th anniversary drop?

~edit~ yah, what she said....

P

Pasquinade

I never even thought of the drops...
Now it all makes sense.
Thanks!

G

galefan2004

low risk chance for 10th anniversary drop?

~edit~ yah, what she said....
It is PvE. It is all low risk. If you are templated right you can normally spend about as much time killing a rotting corpse, blood elemental, deamon, poison elemental, or even a balron as it does running around killing other stuff. I really don't understand why people burn these low level creatures.

When I first read of people doing this my reply was, "I'm a tamer, everything is easy to kill."

S

Sunrise

Starts singing off key Secret Tamer man...Secret tamer Man..I sic my greater on you..and you vanish without a trace...

Aye I did the whole camping for the arties too for a bit. At first its fun for a bit but then again just like everything else it does get old for a bit.

Funny part is this tho. I can get more points fishing for SoS and hunting Jugs/golems in the time it takes to maybe get one arty from the anti virute dungeon. But hey to each there own. :danceb:

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
heres what i do.
Go to fel anti virtue dungeon (back of destard works great*
head to champ area
cast evs or whatever
kill crap quickly
go to 3rd type of spawn
bail out

i get 4-5 arties this way every round

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Funny part is this tho. I can get more points fishing for SoS and hunting Jugs/golems in the time it takes to maybe get one arty from the anti virute dungeon. But hey to each there own. :danceb:
Me too - The only time I've been doing Despise or Hythloth for the arties to turn in is my once a day Fame build-up for sacrifice, and I stay with the Ogre lords (or Daemons in 4th level hythloth) until I hit Glorious Lord, then if I still haven't got the drop, go kill lizardmen in despise-1 for spined for my tailor until the drop hits.

why anyone would mess around in the middle level is beyond me; spawns too slow (there was the time, though, during the candle of love, that I stumbled across someone fighting the Large Ogre Lord, and accidentally blackrock infected it - now THAT was fun....)

A

Azureal

I may or may not have accidently gotten up from my keyboard the other day and went to work without logging out. I then may or may not have had my character inside a dungeon continually whacking away at anything that came close to him. He may or may not have had a high HP regen suit on. He may or may not have had a 90%+ Life Leech weapon.

He may or may not have gotten 6 artis by the time I got home from work.

G

galefan2004

I hate fishing SoSs. That 10x worse than the treasure hunting system and outside of the ASoSs and a chance at the sea horse and anchor the whole system just sucks. The first ASoS I did I did from a boat and not from land and well that was certainly "fun". I mean, I can understand the Leviathan spawning, but do you really need to spawn 20 freaking sea serpents at the same time. How does one solo that content without a greater dragon and a way of leading the Leviathan away from the serpents. I couldn't even invisi because I got revealed.

More on the subject...you don't turn in the good anti-virtue artifacts, you turn in the crappy ones. The good ones you still manage to sell for 1 mil or so. Outside of getting the sea horse or the anchor (very slim chances) it is almost impossible to make actual money fishing any longer. Oh, and the aSoS chance should go to 1 in 5 not 1 in 25 because I hate throwing SoSs away and they are so pain stakingly annoying to work that I just don't ever actually plan on working them.

G

galefan2004

I may or may not have accidently gotten up from my keyboard the other day and went to work without logging out. I then may or may not have had my character inside a dungeon continually whacking away at anything that came close to him. He may or may not have had a high HP regen suit on. He may or may not have had a 90%+ Life Leech weapon.

He may or may not have gotten 6 artis by the time I got home from work.
So in short...you may or may not be an afk scripter that should probably be possibly banned?

I may or may not have leveled all of my trade skills the same way, so good for you.

A

Azureal

So in short...you may or may not be an afk scripter that should probably be possibly banned?

I may or may not have leveled all of my trade skills the same way, so good for you.
Theres no script chico. No healing needed, thanks to the HP regen and Life Leech. Im not looting anything, cause I dont need to, the artis drop right into my backpack. And the constant low level spawn in any number of dungeons is more than enough to make sure my character never logs out.

Etc etc.

So climb down off your little soapbox.

Banned for scripting? Not likely. Banned for being afk? Probably.

W

wee papa smurf

The poor people at EA have there work cut out lol, they cant really detect scripters or so called cheaters but they can tell if your afk macroing so atleast there tryin :(

A

Azureal

The poor people at EA have there work cut out lol, they cant really detect scripters or so called cheaters but they can tell if your afk macroing so atleast there tryin :(
I find it mildly humourous as well. And I'll probably get banned long before the majority of duped runic hammers and barbed kits and kajillions of gold are ever removed from the bulk of these servers.

S

Smokey of LS

basically you would get in trouble for being UNATTENDED while doing this alllllll day, which any normal player should know isnt allowed.