• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lot of Down Time

Mavric

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was down most of yesterday, and now it's down again today.
Any insites as to what's going on?
Could be them getting the Lich King set up I guess.

Mavric

R

RayneStorm

Well, yesterday was normal maintenance, then they had an issue with in-game mail not working, so they went back down to fix that and still weren't up by the time I went to bed at about 11pm EST.

Today they went down to fix a bug where people could buy PvP gear for free or drastically reduced costs, but then had a "database issue" and we have no ETA on when things will be back up.

R

Rets

Yeah I'm starting to wonder if the game is really worth it.

I've only been playing WoW since around the first week of October, and already there have been about three days where the servers were just offline (not counting this time, so 4.5 now), and then the whole Zombie invasion where it was impossible to play due to the extreme, severe lag they generated.

I'm hoping it gets better than this, but I am not so sure it will. I did notice that Blizzards auto-payment system WORKED JUST FINE and billed me for my first month without any problems at all.

R

RayneStorm

Honestly Rets, this has been a bad month for Blizzard. While they do occasionally have their quirks, it will eventually even back out and the game will be stable again.

Keep in mind the scope of the game...11 million subscribers, hundreds of servers (not realms...servers) and who knows how few developers, GMs, tech support, etc...

Hang in there, it will get better.

E

Emuishere

I am hearing everyhting is running now, for the last issue Blizzard did give everyone 3 days credit on their account. Normally when something goes wrong they are very quick to fix it. This month has been rocky, but it will all work itself out.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Rets: You also started playing just when they released all the events leaading up to the expansion. Not the best time to start the game.

I've been playing for 3 years now and really enjoy the game. When there is down time, they compensate and at least have explanations for what's going on. Stick with it and let the expansion furvor die down. Logging in the next month will be difficult due to the mass number of players trying to access servers