• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lost

• Thread starter imported_eggchick7
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_eggchick7

The frustrations I feel now also echoed by others eg repairs and the like, are that when playing EALand I perceive it as the world where (especially the old TSO) I can have my dream house (unfortunately now too expensive if u want to revamp)with all the expensive (as they are) things I would like for my escapism from reality. It becomes a world within a world but with the reality of other players coming into it to make it 'real'. I feel as many must feel hampered by the choices of use cheaper objects to make your house attractive (I do this to encourage more visitors) go to money houses to make the money to get your dream house or skill to make more money in the money houses and if u havent got enough locks your skills depreciate during the length of time you spend making money. So that leaves the option of visiting the ATM to buy some more money blah blah blah.....
I really love the game but get confounded by all the obstacles in comparison to the old TSO and it seems like a constant vicious circle and I wonder if this new 'world' of ours is actually going to survive. So dont holler back at me when you read this Im not being disloyal merely expressing my concerns and frustrations just like everyone else that makes a post. I am aware that this game is much loved and needs to have challenges otherwise what's the point in playing it but I fell there should be more accessible goals and perhaps in time when all is done this will happen. I have nothing but admiration for the Devs who are struggling to get things right for all of us that moan and I'm aware that the game needs to pay for itself and the Devs who fix the problems and do the designing.
I just hope somewhere in all of the new arrivals and cities moving that an ease up occurs of all the problems that make me wonder what keeps me playing...other than maybe I really do need to get a 'life'

C

Cruz Cavera

Well, I was in a house this am with Lee. He says give the game 2 more months and be thankful for everyday you are able to login. TSO was due cancelation in June of 07.

I

imported_eggchick7

I am thankful...but I imagine so are EA, like I say was just voicing my personal concerns and moans

C

Cruz Cavera

I know, not being smart. Just saying we have a lot to be thankful for.

G

I get what you are saying Eggchick. Its hard to get out of the original thought process we had for playing this game for so long. And hard to stop comparing to the way things were. But I have a feeling not too far from now, there is not going to be a lot left of our old game... and thats not a bad thing.

Don't focus on what was, you might miss out on what is... and what is can be a lot of fun.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

I get what you are saying Eggchick. Its hard to get out of the original thought process we had for playing this game for so long. And hard to stop comparing to the way things were. But I have a feeling not too far from now, there is not going to be a lot left of our old game... and thats not a bad thing.

Don't focus on what was, you might miss out on what is... and what is can be a lot of fun.

[/ QUOTE ]
What she said.

Y

YadaSc

Challenge Everything... what Challenge is there if everything is easy to get.. give it a little while, the game is still being worked on. Patience peeps

D

DGLita

I have one sim that I play totally straight, ie I dont subsidise her in any way from my other accounts.

Admittedly she has maxed skills as she transferred from another city and has the skill locks to keep them. But she came over with nothing (well actually she came over with a full inventory which was promptly transferred to my store sims) so in effect she arrived with nothing. She got a job at the bot factory, and made money on boards and jams. Eventually she had enough to buy a property, and then gradually to size that lot to 8.

Then she started building, she first did the landscaping and then built the house bit by bit. Its a great house, the flooring and walls are cheaply decorated of course, but the fancy stuff can come later. There isnt much furniture yet, but she is happy to go rooting round the stores for some bargains, and check the out cc for something special for her house.

The house is coming along, and she has now been promoted to level 5 at the factory. It isnt instant, but it is a lot of fun,and its how the game should be played.

There is a strong element of 'I want it all and I want it now' attitude from players. Play the game, dont rush it, its so much more fun

I

imported_Qute Pi

Challenge is good for our game.
I understand your concerns tho 100%.
What I think is, they are taking away the old aspects of TSO, which is ok, but they have yet to introduce the new aspects of EAL.
I hold hope that those developments will come after the merges are complete.
If they don't then I will have to take my concerns up a level. lol.
Lets hang in there till the merges are complete and see what happens next...