• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lost yet another box to decay in my house

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It happens to me almost every time I move. No matter how diligent I am about double checking each box after I secure it, I inevitably lose a box or a bag. This time the loss was substantial, over a hundred mill, and has really soured my stomach.

Why cant a container that I set down in my house not auto lock after sitting there a few minutes, or if that's not possible, i'd even settle for an auto lock once I set it down. In the old days, without a house tool, we would have to bonce the box around to get the direction we wanted. With the house tool, that is no longer needed. I for one do not mind having the item auto lock, I mean if I'm going to make it a secure, I still have to make the statement to secure it. And if I don't like where i set it, I can always release it and move it. It would save the heartache of loss that happens when we miss the target or forget to secure it, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one this happens to.

While I'm on this topic, how hard would it be to have a search function for a house. I am constantly looking through bags for what I've lost. More often it happens after I re-locate and stuff is everywhere. it would be cool to be able to double click my house sign, select a search function, scroll a list and then click a hot button to pull the item in to my pack. It would be even cooler if all bank boxes associated to that account existed within that system as well, but I know that's asking way too much.

Anyway, those are my thoughts for today.. not sure what forum to post this in, so I chose this one due to it being in a house. :) fell free to re-locate it, if there is a better forum for it.

Lew

DarkWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know the feeling Lew. I am sure that I have lost a box or 2 in my moves. I did, however, find one box that I thought was lost months later. Hopefully that will happen for you as well.

My worse loss was about 4 years ago I was moving from a place I had been in for years. Totally forgot about having to secure containers. Just threw everything on the plot and logged out for the night. Luckily, I logged in first thing the next morning. Probably about 3/4 of my containers had decayed.... Let me tell you there was a lot of foul language flowing that day! I locked down my remaining containers and went for a walk. That was the closest I had come to calling it quits.

So yes, I agree. Containers should be auto-locked upon placement. It is not a big deal to unlock a container if you need to move it.

I half like your idea about having an inventory listing. It would be nice to be able to see a list of what is located in your house. That would be one long list though! I don't think it should be able to pop into your backpack though. I think that's a bit too "Easy Button-ish".

Dark

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, that's the lazy in me. Ok, how about a feature like you get when you track someone, that way you get led to the location of your item lol.

I was thinking more of a search box like they plan to do for vendors. Then the list will be related to the text you put in

T

Tazar

Unless you have done some strange deco stuff with goza-mats, etc. it is always a good idea to re-enter customization mode right after a large move. If there is anything not locked down - it will be kicked out under the house sign so you can grab it and secure it.

It's not a perfect answer - but it can help.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't enter that mode, I'm in a large tower. And if I converted it to a plot, I can assure you I would be killed, drawn an quartered, and not necessarily in that order. :). It's a very old tower!!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can certainly understand your pain - losing that much... Wow! I feel for you.. :(

Anyway, I can see why changing the way container's are done probably won't happen. People would scream if every time they set a pouch on the floor it lock'd itself down, and force you to do a "I wish to release this" just to pick it up again. I know that when I'm crafting, I often put bags on the floor with different items/ingredients/etc. to facilitate transfer's, etc. It would be a pain to have to unlock them every time...

Just sayin....;)

Last edited:

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a box specifically secured for that, now I have my bones ;).

And I'm not really for instant lock down, rather an auto lock after a set time, as opposed to the alternate poof, gone for life!!

DarkWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, that is true. I have done that myself with my imbuer. Have my fighter drop off a bag to be unraveled. A timer is a much better idea.