• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lost Shard Transfer Shields?

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Folks,

I've done some research but can't seem to find a straight answer. I had a couple shard transfer shields locked down in my castle. I stopped playing and paying so my account was closed and castle fell. I understand Shield Transfer Tokens are bound to the account. I had one from Baja to Pacific and another from Baja to Atlantic.

My question is: Do I still have access to receive these transfers or are they gone forever because they were locked down in a castle that I let fall? I'm sure this has happened several times to others so hoping you could clue me in.

Thanks!

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
They are gone!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unfortunately, they are gone. Even though the shields are account bound they are still a decoration that can be re-deeded. So when your castle went IDOC whoever was there to loot the contents also looted the shard shield deeds. The tokens are inside of the shields, so they are also gone. Since shard shields cannot be used by anyone other than the original owner, the person who looted them most likely threw them away.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you can find your shard shields they should still be good. I was at an idoc on sonoma last year and picked up several shard shields (which redeeded themselves). Of course they won't work for me because they are account bound.

But my oldest account has it's own shard shields and I accidentally forgot to lock one down. When I tried to get the token I got an error message. After realizing the issue, I was surprised to discover several tokens had accumulated. If I redeed a shard shield, the tokens that have accumulated are still there. This makes me think the tokens will continue to accumulate even in deed form.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kind of like soul stones in that they are worthless to anyone else. I have heard of a few people collecting ones from IDOCs like the soul stone savers. So it is possible your shields still exist if you can track them down.