• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lost my bonded beetle lastnight

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So lastnight i was working my scribe and had some scrolls in my beetle.
i was at the mage shop and i was making scrolls and selling to npc vendor. i got off and back on to make the scrolls, i didnt stand with him by my side..
about 12:30 i got tired and recalled to the bank where i sat for about an hour and went home and logged off.
got online today to find my guy standing in the mage shop with no beetle.. did the server crash?

where did my beetle go? i paged a gm but they are good for nothing.
its things like this that they should worry about... instead they worry more about adding things or taking away things that are helpfull.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
have you checked the stable?

sometimes they go back to stable after you log/time out

or it goes wild if you dont feed them

sadly if you do not have animal lore you cannot tell if yout pet is fed up with you and they will after a while of neglect they decide to dump you

G

If it was carrying anything, it could not autostable on server down, so with no master in sight and a very long period of time since its master had fed or commanded it, your beetle lost sufficient loyalty to go wild. Whatever it was carrying would have been dumped on the ground and freely lootable by anyone who noticed it.

Check your followers to see if its still in your follower list. If so, relog and it should appear by your side. If not, it's gone for good as a dead bug cannot be stabled.

Think of bonding as a bit like marriage:- Without rudimentary daily maintenance by way of basic care & attention, the bond can be broken. With gross neglect, your partner may even be permanently lost to you.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes i do think this is what happend, but the problem is i didnt log out at the mage shop, i logged out in my house riding the beetle.

im not sure how i was back at the mage shop when i logged back in.

G

I'm not sure what shard you are on, but it could be you were playing during the time that the server stops saving before it's daily maintenance time. Just another idea. Sorry about your beetle!

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Friend,

Losing a Bonded Companion is never easy. Losing one carrying valuables even more difficult.

I share your feeling of loss.

If you are on Baja, seek out Dar and he will happily replace the Giant Beetle.

Regroup and Play On, Friend.

Elladan of Baja

G

Think of bonding as a bit like marriage:- Without rudimentary daily maintenance by way of basic care & attention, the bond can be broken. With gross neglect, your partner may even be permanently lost to you.

And here all this time i thought i only had to file for divorce

B

Babble

Sounds like a server revert.
Does the beetle show on your follower list?
Check the place if it still runs around somewhere, you can retame it with 0 taming if it is.