• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lost item to dragging bug in Classic Client

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Did you ever notice how sometimes an item you are dragging gets unattached from the pointer?
I just lost my totem of the void. When I tried dragging it onto paperdoll, it got unattached.
When I found it, it wouldn't go onto my paperdoll nor into my pack.
Finally, the client just plain crashed.
When I logged in again, the totem of the void was GONE.
What a pancake up.)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No but thankfully when this happens in the EC there is a button you can use to drop what you have on your cursor into your pack...

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I first got my new computer, I noticed this sort of thing. It felt like windows was switching away to a different program for a split second which was wreaking havoc with my gameplay. I went in and cleaned out all those stupid update programs which are running in the background. I have as few processes running as possible and I don't suffer this issue anymore when I play UO.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Did you ever notice how sometimes an item you are dragging gets unattached from the pointer?
I just lost my totem of the void. When I tried dragging it onto paperdoll, it got unattached.
When I found it, it wouldn't go onto my paperdoll nor into my pack.
Finally, the client just plain crashed.
When I logged in again, the totem of the void was GONE.
What a pancake up.)
Does it all the time especially while casting and dragging. You just have to put the pointer back directly over it to grab it again.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I've had this happen. Just every now and then. Usually the item goes back into my pack. Was very confusing the first few times. I haven't lost anything yet. I suppose it's possible it could drop to the ground or something. Normally if I search around with my pointer it will hook back onto my pointer again.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
> You just have to put the pointer back directly over it to grab it again.
That's worked every time (hundreds of times) except this one time. I "grabbed it again" but I couldn't put it onto my paperdoll, nor into my pack -- it dragged underneath both. Then the client crashed.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
> You just have to put the pointer back directly over it to grab it again.
That's worked every time (hundreds of times) except this one time. I "grabbed it again" but I couldn't put it onto my paperdoll, nor into my pack -- it dragged underneath both. Then the client crashed.
Is it just stackables with you because that's the only time it's happened with me. Yes I have had rare incidents where it drops to the ground. I've never crashed because of it but you know how it is..never say never in UO

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Is it just stackables with you because that's the only time it's happened with me. Yes I have had rare incidents where it drops to the ground. I've never crashed because of it but you know how it is..never say never in UO
I've had it happen with singles and stacks