• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Lost 'current target box'

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Somehow my son, on his computer, pushed his target box off the screen so far that I cannot grab it to bring it back.

I've tried changing resolution, changing custom UI, toggling legacy targeting, nothing has worked.

Anyone know how to get it back?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
did you change the monitors resolution? also may try using fulscreen mode!

also if you have the ability to run 2 monitors you could have the game displayed and go to the second monitor screen and slide it back that way!

also there is the ingame resolution setting ! was not sure wich you were talking about!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I changed to monitor's resolution, both increased it and decreased it, nothing.

I also did switch from fullscreen to windowed mode and back again, still can't grab it.

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
target box off the screen
Do you mean Target Window?
If so try this as a last resort.

Open ../Documents/EA Games/Ultima Online Stygian Abyss/User Data/"your account name"/"Server Name"/

There are your charcter settings file.

*EDITED* Before edit file take a copy. If you fail to edit it will mess your settings.

1.Open it.

2.Search for "TargetWindow" and you'll see below line.
<WindowPositions name="TargetWindow" x="624.000000" y="764.000000" />

3.Edit the line like below.
<WindowPositions name="TargetWindow" x="1.000000" y="1.000000" />

4.Save it and log in.

5.Once you get target window back, place it to home position.

6.You are ok now.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That worked. Thanks a lot.

I was just about to copy and paste another character's file. Glad I didn't have to because this character had many more macros and keys set up than any other one. Guess I should back them up.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Glad you got it figured out! we have great people here.
especially the modders !

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad you got it figured out! we have great people here.
especially the modders !
Yep, I appreciate the help. I had spent quite a bit of time over two days setting up characters for my son and daughter to play on the EC. I've now backed up all my character's profiles.