• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lost characters?

D

Drake371

I am not 100% sure I am posting this in the right spot, since I haven't done anything with UO for some time now.

But I got an invite in my email, inviting me to come back and "reactivate" my old account and come experience the new UO per sa.

Well, I found my old account login and was able to go in and see all my old billing information, etc I entered the promo code that was made available to me for my "15 day trail" but none of my old characters are available! Is this some kind of stunt? Come back to UO but only if you start over? Kinda PO'ed, honestly not really sure what can be done, as it appears there are far fewer in game GMs then back when I originally played.

So is this a common thing, is there something I can do? Their knowledge base just runs me in circles and doesn't really answer my question(s).

thanks for your time,
drake

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The 14 day trial and going back into your old account are two completely separate things.

a 14 day trial code CREATES A NEW ACCOUNT.

You should be able to log into your old account without any such code, because of the return to Britannia program currently underway, without reactivating the account.

Hopefully, the system isn't bugged to where entering a trial code into an existing account would wipe it.