• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lost a fully made char, not sure how!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was in the CC client collecting gifts and got an Angel Box on one of my chars. Deciding I wanted the hue of the box, I open the EC client to check it and choose the shard the char was on. Char list is there, but my char is not. WTF? Close down EC client and open back up the CC client and sure enough the char is no longer listed there either. No reason to come close to hitting delete button, never saw the small confirm char delete screen. it's just gone. Sucks. :(

@Mesanna @Kyronix , any idea how this happened?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check other shards. See if there's some transfer glitch and your character got sent to another shard.

Reactions: S_S

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was in the CC client collecting gifts and got an Angel Box on one of my chars. Deciding I wanted the hue of the box, I open the EC client to check it and choose the shard the char was on. Char list is there, but my char is not. WTF? Close down EC client and open back up the CC client and sure enough the char is no longer listed there either. No reason to come close to hitting delete button, never saw the small confirm char delete screen. it's just gone. Sucks. :(

@Mesanna @Kyronix , any idea how this happened?
Make sure you are on the right account, I know this may sound dumb but I was cycling chars and somehow my acc name changed to other account.
Make sure you logged right shard, I know another dumb thing but **** does happen.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I checked all shards, nothing.

I made sure I had the right acct by checking data user folder and I was on the correct acct.

:(

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so sorry to hear that. My son mistakenly deleted one of my characters a few months back. I sent emails to Mesanna and Support. No help. I would still try Mesanna you may have better luck then I did.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this happen; I cleared my cache/character data files reverted and re updated and my toon was there. Don't know what happened. This was some time ago (not recent)

My guess is you deleted him in your fury of collecting gifts; blinded by the greed of the UO gift box season.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had this happen; I cleared my cache/character data files reverted and re updated and my toon was there. Don't know what happened. This was some time ago (not recent)

My guess is you deleted him in your fury of collecting gifts; blinded by the greed of the UO gift box season.
Not sure how the X in the top right corner is even marginally close to the char delete button. Also not sure how checking an item id hue is even close to greed. A great help you have been.... not.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
S_S perhaps after reset your character will reappear, I hope it does I hope it was not an important character that you play on a daily basis. Things like the lost of an angel box is soemthing that can be replaced but a fully developed character with skills is another thing entirely. Good luck to you!

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a side note Lord Frodo you play on my shard Europa right?? I thought I saw this character with your name on it at the Luna Bank :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On a side note Lord Frodo you play on my shard Europa right?? I thought I saw this character with your name on it at the Luna Bank :)
Baja! Ever since the movies came out everybody is using the chars from the movie mine is 19 yrs old from the books, yes some people still read.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IC I started around the same time as you had a lot of family members that played as well they all left the game many years ago. We had like 12 from the family and a guild of about 75 pre trammel days.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
S_S perhaps after reset your character will reappear, I hope it does I hope it was not an important character that you play on a daily basis. Things like the lost of an angel box is soemthing that can be replaced but a fully developed character with skills is another thing entirely. Good luck to you!
My main shard is Sonoma and this char was on Baja. Not my main, but I still lost GM begging and 120 fishing. And my darn angel box!

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not know if it can even be done, but did you close out of the CC before you logged in with the EC? Is there a chance the character was still online in the CC when you logged in with the EC? Also, you might be able to see what transpired if your journal file is still there.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not know if it can even be done, but did you close out of the CC before you logged in with the EC? Is there a chance the character was still online in the CC when you logged in with the EC? Also, you might be able to see what transpired if your journal file is still there.
I was standing inside the Moonglow Inn, I hit the X in my top right corner to just shut CC down instead of logging out. This still should have insta-logged my char. Opened EC and char wasn't listed. Closed EC, Opened CC and it was no longer listed there either.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I switch between CC and EC even if I'm in the wild sometimes if a vendor has items stacked that you can't see in the CC. I have never experienced a problem like yours.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
was this character in the 7th character slot?

i had it happen once where all my 7th characters did not show for some reason for a bit, then they all started showing again.

just spitballing.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
double post

Last edited:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that's what you get for using the "enhanced" client - hehe

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This game is buggy at times that's what we get for playing something that's been around for almost 20 years, addicting aint it oh well. I almost like 19 years ago after making bows for a month to try and make 30k for a house deed and it went poof, Started all over again only to watch my shard (chessie) fill up and all the house spots get taken. When Europa opened up I jumped ship and moved there and saved with friends to get a large Tower in Fellucia and still playing till this day.