• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LOSING STUFF in Inventory - Devs?

• Thread starter SugarCane
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SugarCane

I have probably lost for about 5000 simoleans... which is quite a lot to me... I have seen people post about this, but I have seen no responses as to what is being done about it - will we get the stuff back, the money back - or what? I am afraid to buy anything else in case it all goes missing and it's really hard-earned money I am using. I really think it would be decent of the devs to please speak on this issue? Thank you!

It happens during 'avatar leasing error' - it has happened before so I have taken precautions - but I had reached object limit on my one sim and kept a few things in the inventory - just lost those. And before I even realized what and how this happened - I had lost about 8 different cc objects in inventory on another sim. It's fine that there are things that needs to be fixed - and I do believe I have been very patient, but all I want to know is; what is being done about this? And when and how am I going to get the things back or the money I've spent?

I

imported_Qute Pi

Is there a way to report this using the report button?
I would guess if you don't report exactly what your losing right away there isn't much that can be done.
But I don't know for sure where you would report it.

S

SugarCane

To be honest with you - I don't think I should need to report anything - facts are - one of the sims who lost a lot of stuff - I wasn't even aware when and how it happened because I didn't check her inventory all the time - I thought things were safe there. Then it happened to another sim where I happened to know exactly when it happened because I had just bought it shortly before and when I landed to put it out on lot, it had disappeared.

As I have said in the above - what needs to happen is that this issue be fixed and that whatever we have lost be given back or the same amount of money. It is really hard to make money in this game and if I lose them every time I buy something or I have to be paranoid and hurry home to unload inventory constantly - I really don't want to play.

I am a new player and I have really been happy to find the game - I have played for 3 months now. But... it is really starting to get to me with a whole lot of stuff that I think I have been patient with - after all I am one of the European players who pay 16 dollars a month and frankly I am considering if this will be my last month of playing. And I really, really hate to give it up - I have worked so hard on building something amazing on my lot - but it's taking a toll on me with all the problems and seemingly no end in sight for them. So since I have already paid for this month - that is what I will give the game a chance and hope to see some improvement or I am leaving. And I will be sad to do so, but man I have worked so hard to buy this stuff and just knowing that no one even cares to comment on it (Devs) and that people act as if one should think it is okay with all these issues and that it's almost forbidden to even mention anything wrong with the game - that's getting to me aswell.

I

imported_Qute Pi

ok but if you don't report it how do you expect anyone else to know and fix the problem?

S

SugarCane

Tell me where to report it? I have written on the TSO-E blog - no one responded - and as I said in the above - if you have read it - the one (sim) who lost the most - I didn't even have any idea that the things were gone till maybe days after? So how and where do I report - I will be happy to - but I have seen MANY people write on here about things lost and never any response from anyone about how and where to get it back.

But of course - it is MY responsibility that I am losing stuff in a game that is flawed....
(that's exactly what I mean; do NOT and I mean DO NOT ever criticise anything in the game.)

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Tell me where to report it? I have written on the TSO-E blog - no one responded - and as I said in the above - if you have read it - the one (sim) who lost the most - I didn't even have any idea that the things were gone till maybe days after? So how and where do I report - I will be happy to - but I have seen MANY people write on here about things lost and never any response from anyone about how and where to get it back.

But of course - it is MY responsibility that I am losing stuff in a game that is flawed....
(that's exactly what I mean; do NOT and I mean DO NOT ever criticise anything in the game.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to make your problem seem like its no big deal. Of course losing things is a big deal, especially with this economy. But with everything the dev's are working on, sometimes it's up to us to inform them there is a problem.

But considering I was just giving suggestions I think I'll keep my suggestions to myself if this is the type of treatment I will receive for trying to help.

And as I said above, I don't know where to report it...maybe you didn't read that part? Good Luck with your problem. I hope you get it resolved.

S

SugarCane

Yes; and I am sorry if I am upset and sounding like it... It is not aimed at you but in general. But just as you don't know where to report it - nor do I - except for the TSO-E blog that I have written it on, as I said (so the Devs are informed) and I haven't recieved any response.

But I will now go through everything and write here everything that I have lost as far as I remember where I bought it and how much it cost me, the best I can.

G

Sugar cane.
It sounds very frustrating

You can report your bugs @ http://www.game-blueprints.com

If you scroll down there is a whole area on bug reporting and the how to's.

If you run into a bug in game it is very important that you use this tool to report it as this is the way to let the dev team know that this bug exists. From there they are able to try to recreate the bug and then fix it...

S

SugarCane

Lost on Sugar Cane:

4 cc paintings, gift from Night Mercy, one 'fireplace clutter' and one 'windchime' both bought at OddsN Ends CC, app. 250 simoleans each - all lost from inventory on March 3rd.

4 cc paintings (made by myself) lost on Wedensday, 27th of February, right after they were approved (no avatar leasing error, as far as I remember) (I still have the approval e-mails in mail.) They cost me from 3-400 each to make.

Lost on Baby Love:

3 crystals, bought at Amazing Custom Content, one large, red heart, bought at either TSR Custom One or Two, one 'broken heart on stand' bought at Rox Inc Custom-Content (I really, really loved that one and I was told that she only makes very few of each of her cc's - and it might be silly but it really upset me to lose that one
) - I do not have the prizes of these last things. They were lost without me knowing because I didn't check her inventory until I found out that stuff went missing from my other sim...

S

SugarCane

<blockquote><hr>

This bug has been around for a while and been reported for a while. The flwg thread explains the situation:

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/sims/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=tsotech&amp;Number=700604&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=all&amp;what2=postlist Tech Board

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes; I did read that thread and I did post at the TSO-E blog as advised - but no response. In fact I see that the last post on there (and no response) was:

wvrouble4u2 said,

on March 2nd, 2008 at 8:28 am

Missing objects- where are they and do we get them back?

Stuck in inventory objects- We can see them but can’t put them out so what can be done about that?

Mystery tree that can only be seen when in the trade mode, what can be done about that?

I have asked several people and can’t seem to get any answers. Please help. I am not the only one with these problems.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I asked about reporting, Lee responded that after the merges and stuff a better reporting system will be put in place. Even tho it doesn't help us now, its good to know reporting will get better in the future.

At least your report is on file here in the meantime.

G

Sugar,
Mystery tree = Mystic Tree?
If so, I checked with Parizad. Delete this tree from your inventory before amnesty takes place and it will be replaced in the amnesty program.

S

SugarCane

<blockquote><hr>

Sugar cane.
It sounds very frustrating

You can report your bugs @ http://www.game-blueprints.com

If you scroll down there is a whole area on bug reporting and the how to's.

If you run into a bug in game it is very important that you use this tool to report it as this is the way to let the dev team know that this bug exists. From there they are able to try to recreate the bug and then fix it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've reported it there aswell, thank you.

S

SugarCane

<blockquote><hr>

Sugar,
Mystery tree = Mystic Tree?
If so, I checked with Parizad. Delete this tree from your inventory before amnesty takes place and it will be replaced in the amnesty program.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was not me (I posted the last post on the blog.) I am only 3 months old - I don't have a Mystic Tree... (unfortunately...
)