• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Losing fame without death?

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every day i sacrifice my fame and gain it again after to sac again the next day. The last few days after ive been getting to Lady i often go and banksit, to find that a few hours later my Lady title has gone. I havnt died, i havnt done anything as a matter of fact.

Anyone know whats up with that?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's because you only got barely to Lady each time.

Fame has ALWAYS decayed, even if you don't die. Granted, losing it after a few hours is a bit rough, but when I actually want to keep Lord/Lady status, I keep killing (or turning in BODs) for an hour or two after I first get there.

I once turned in so many BODs with a character that it took them over a year for their fame to decay to the point of losing Lord.

L

Lord Kynd

That's because you only got barely to Lady each time.

Fame has ALWAYS decayed, even if you don't die. Granted, losing it after a few hours is a bit rough, but when I actually want to keep Lord/Lady status, I keep killing (or turning in BODs) for an hour or two after I first get there.

I once turned in so many BODs with a character that it took them over a year for their fame to decay to the point of losing Lord.

must be how i keep my fame title for so long, never noticed a decay tho. but death takes it quickly sometimes :p

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just make sure you 'cap it' by killing several more of whatever you are killing, instead of leaving the moment you hit Lady.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When I reach Lord/Lady before I go sacrifice I ALWAYS kill 5 more of whatever I am hunting.... Just so I'm over the "just" mark.... I have a bod runner that I haven't run a bod on in YEARS and is still a "Lady"... scarry.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah ill make sure i kill an extra few. I used to get the fame up just before i Sacrificed so it didnt matter, but now i let vanity get to me a bit and rather get my fame after so i can banksit as Lady lol.