• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lore folks, do you recognize these words of power?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I spent the past couple days working on the pages for words of power in the wiki. (Mantras and Words of Power, Phrases of Power, etc). But I find there's a few words of power that aren't in the Gargish dictionary, nor are they from the other lists of words of power. They're from Necromancy and Spirit Speak ('Anh mi sah ko').

So, anyone happen to know where these words of power were from, or what their translation is?

anh - from spirit speak
gra - from Necromancy's Curse Weapon
ko - from spirit speak
mi - from spirit speak
pas - from Necromancy's Evil Omen
sah - from spirit speak
sar - from Necromancy's Pain Spike

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It has been a really long time so I might be misremembering, but I think the old necromancer new player quest explained what "Anh mi sah ko" meant as part of the quest. The npc quest giver sent you to a cave to find a scroll of power, read it, and bring it back to him (not the yellow one from Luna). When you opened it the words Anh mi sah ko for spirit speak were translated as "The soul fuels me" or something along those lines. I have no idea if that is recorded anywhere though, I could be wrong.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Hmm, I can find the text for the Scroll of Abraxus, but can't find any text for the Calling of Kronus. Maybe that'll help jog someone's memory though... :)

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a composite image of both scrolls that I did with paint
The text at the bottom left is what you get when you double click the Kronos scroll

abraxus.png

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ultima Words of Power are bastardized Latin in most cases (sometimes it's French), so I'd suggest a fairly loose jaunt through an online translator.

I'd suggest learning what the Crimson Dragon/Shadowlord/Slasher/Stygian words mean as well. (spoiler: they are the same.)

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they are - i was talking about the text in the bottom left corner of the first picture in the system message area

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
they are - i was talking about the text in the bottom left corner of the first picture in the system message area
Doh, didn't see that. And yeah; that's the only text I could find about that scroll in the clilocs; I don't think it ever actually opened to text, like the other one did.

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Not sure if this will help, but here is a website about the Ultima series:

Gargish Dragon's Ultima Page

The link is for the home page. There is three sections under "Gargish", pronounciation of Gargish Words might help best.
Hope it helps! :heart:

Last edited: