• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lord British on the Colbert Report

S

Stucky

I know I should have given the heads up before hand, I thought someone else would take care of it. However, I'm watching it now and did a search and found that no one else had written about it. Its on comedy central, will repeat during prime time tomorrow 9/19, check listings blah blah its the first one not the 1130 edition.

I spoke with my family who have no idea about UO other than it's something I do a lot and involves a computer and me swearing after they hear the "aaaah" sound. I described his accomplishments and what he was/is to gaming/gamers like myself. They were like, good for you ... supportive but fake, whatever. Anyways. like 10 minutes later I said you know what I bet you've seen him on tv! I said his house has been on many different shows and i described the whole thing and they ALL knew what I was talkin about! Finally after blah years of me in uo theres an olive branch in my family cuz he's a crazy ******* and built an insane house! hehe HGTV FTW!

He's only on for a second, on the phone, and didn't even mention his current game like the email I got from their company did repeatedly. He's still our Lord British though the email called him the new games Lord British. I don't know much about that game but I hope he's not thier Lord British also!

Anyhoo the report in the past has posted segments on their website, im sure it will be available soon for anyone who would like to se it on comedy central's website.

K

Kiwillian

Um, so what did he say?

Was it about him going into space with a DVD of Tabula Rasa character data or whatever nutcase thing he's doing now :)

S

Sir Stain

Richard Garriott, the legendary video game programmer and designer, noted as one of the PC Gamer’s “Game Gods”, will be traveling to orbit in Fall 2008. In doing so he will become Earth's sixth private citizen to conduct a space mission aboard the International Space Station as a client of Space Adventures.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give it a few days and it'll show up on YouTube. :)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They have full episodes of each previous night's daily show/colbert report online.

Check here in a few days.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's still our Lord British though the email called him the new games Lord British. I don't know much about that game but I hope he's not thier Lord British also!
I heard his char was called General British or something like that.

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't normally watch the Colbert Show, but I tuned in last night to see what Richard Garriott had to say. Instead I was treated to Colbert making stupid comments and Garriott not having a chance to talk about anything. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but how does this show get nominated for Emmy's? I didn't find any of the "jokes" particularly funny, intelligent, or witty and won't be conned into watching again.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I don't normally watch the Colbert Show, but I tuned in last night to see what Richard Garriott had to say. Instead I was treated to Colbert making stupid comments and Garriott not having a chance to talk about anything. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but how does this show get nominated for Emmy's? I didn't find any of the "jokes" particularly funny, intelligent, or witty and won't be conned into watching again.
It grows on you. Do not take anything Steven says seriously. *coughs* satire *coughs*

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It grows on you. Do not take anything Steven says seriously. *coughs* satire *coughs*
its a love hate relationship with Colbert.

Sometimes i want him to break character and let people know what should REALLY be done about things like what they are kind of saying between the lines the entire show. but he never does, but its still hilarious.

Colbert is a great character actor, if this routine EVER got old he could go into a million different movies overnight.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
its a love hate relationship with Colbert.

Sometimes i want him to break character and let people know what should REALLY be done about things like what they are kind of saying between the lines the entire show. but he never does, but its still hilarious.

Colbert is a great character actor, if this routine EVER got old he could go into a million different movies overnight.
Steven is an actor/comedian. Any one that takes him seriously...

A

AesSedai

Colbert is Steve Carell's protege is Jon Stewart's...
? :)
They gots chops, and I like it :)

Saw the Garriott thing - was quite impressed by the applause the 'gazillionaie' received & enjoyed how well he played along with the Colbert rapport style.
(I expect to see him in the media quite a bit in the coming weeks - glad to see Colbert plugging him.)