• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lord Blackthornes Followers vs Sonoma - Chapter One - In The Beginning ...

B

Bc of SAS

Setting : Sonoma, June 27th, the year of our Lord Blackthorne.

The stage was set by the Lady Dawn, for to long has she mocked our great Lord, the time was right so he predicted, and he came to us with words of wisdom and a plea for help from his faithful followers.

Knowing our fate was sealed before we even accepted, we embraced our Lord with open arms, ready to do his bidding to the bitter end.

He told us to rally to the east of his ruins, and he would lead the foolish followers of Lord British to their doom. We sat by idlely waiting for our Lord to beckon us to his aid.

The followers begin to gather at a player run tavern known as the YMCA.

A gate is summoned forth and our brave defenders move to the next rally point, the finaly meeting spot before Lord Blackthornes summons ...

The turn out was greater then expected, but then again, who can predict our crafty lords manner of recruitment ...

Lord Deathclaw orders the troops into positon, we line up for one last moment before the charge is ordered, the army seen here consists mainly of members from SAS, LuT, A0E, K and various other individuals, all equally important in the cause.

This might not be all of them, but a good chunk of the followers who came to aid Blackthorn ...

The beckon of our Lord is heard and the charge is ordered, the wave of player killers crash into the unsuspecting "trammies" many died within the first few minutes of fighting, here you see the brave troops shout out their support for Blackthorne.

More and more allied troops arive into the fray, with summoned pets and spells casted they smash through the weak British supporters defences.

Here we see British's #1 lacky Ripstas useing the server lines to his advantage, I pity this foe for haveing to depend on such a crutch.

Here are a few pictures of the chaos that ensued as the player killers pushed forward deeper into enemy lines.

Cheers of glory for the great Lord Blackthorne are heard...

Here is a pic viewed from monochrome, a state I seemed to visit way to often during this battle :p I would have to say my greatest foe of the night was that damn skeletal dragon ... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

A few worthy sacrifices for Lord Blackthorne ...

Despite the valiant efforts of the allied forces, Lord Blackthorne was defeated, but after a great battle fought by both sides. It is obvious that forces greater then our own were at work in the fate of this battle ...

But not all was in vain ... the followers of Blackthorne agree that their point was made, and what they set out to accomplish may not have been done so directly, but indirectly we have sent the message that no longer will we be silenced by the long arm of British, we will stand out and make our cause noted by all, and those who will not join us, will pay for their mistakes.

I'd like to thank everyone who came out to help in the allied pk forces side, it was a great battle guys and we did good, if those damn healers weren't there and the server lines you never know what might of hapened /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif But oh geez wouldn't expect OSI to make it possible for players to actually shape the own story line of the game they have supported for years ... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I would also like to thank all the trammies who hid behind the server lines and did the classic "run and dump" method, you brought back some funny memories of unworthy foes I have fought in the past =D

Seriously though, I hope everyone had a good time, even if you were some of the blues to suffer the first wave of attack :p I look forward to furthing "the cause" some time down the road, should the chance arise, until then go out and find some people, big battles are only a heartbeat away, but they won't happen if you just sit there .... if the PKers can make a serious and organized attempt at a roleplayed angle attack, I'd love to see what the RPers could produce for us to enjoy /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

R

~Raven~

Excellent story! Thank you /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I went
I saw
I died.

But had a blast!

N

Neutral_Galad

I might as well toss some pics on here as well.
Everyone wants to be a celebrity!

---
The PKs group up. There was lots of yelling and oranization requests. You'd think someone had a plan or something...

Taken right after the initial charge. The Red Horde blasting a path to Blackthorne and me celebrating my first looting opportunity in months.

Dead people. Gotta love 'em.

This fellow must have stepped through the wrong gate...because he wants out!

All-Names is a killer.
Call me crazy, but it looks like there are more blues corpses than red there...

More dead people. Blackthorne is soon to join them.

Boom.

After the battle was over, Crazy Horse approached me and asked the question on everyone's mind that night...

S

Sly of NV

OMG, as soon as I saw what ODF stood for I had to click on your sig's link just to make sure and I was right a fellow security forces member. However, according to AF News your definition of Defensor Fortis is a little off.

<hr></blockquote>The security forces career field emblem and beret flash are the same design. The motto is "Defensor Fortis" or Defender of the Force.

<hr></blockquote>

Hey it's great to see other Security Forces members playing the game. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

B

Bc of SAS

Thanks Raven, I'm glad someone realises that yes the whole point of this attack was for a story, not to purposely greif, even though indirectly we did do that, but to try and throw something back into the mix.

Give Sonoma a little taste of what things could be like if we had a more populated Felucca facet ... and I have to say I am impressed, the blues put up a great fight. And I am very glad that you had fun.

G

Galad i love "This fellow must of went in the wrong gate because he wants out" rofl

D

Dor of Sonoma

Great post, Bc...thanks! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

(good to see you here :)