• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looted again?!

SimpleEnigma88

Adventurer
Okay so, I'm not the best, I make mistakes. Like this morning, fighting Miasma, had 4 chests in my loot bag. Go for one more chest before making the jump back home to unload, but a reptalon decides to come give me grief. So.... drag the big ass scorpion and the big ass dragon through a big ass group of minotaurs over to the front door and whip out my dragon slayer and go to town. As is often the case, I forgot EOO was set to giant scorpions and I get toasted. That's fine, no biggie. Until an asshat Minotaur decides to riffle through my things and decides to wander off with my loot bag... Hey, no big deal, I'll just come back and kick his head in and take my stuff back. And I did, but he apparently sold all my loot on eBay while I was talking to the healer outside, because there was nothing but the typical useless loot on his body, on all of them.
I seem to remember being able to recover the loot mobs stole from your body? Did this change or am I just getting too old to remember stuff?

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
should be on the mob unless someone else killed it and looted it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
  1. Someone may have come in to look around and killed it.
  2. It may have wandered off and a different minotaur of the same type wandered in. It happens - usually there's 2-4 of each type of minotaur in the area between the entrance and Rend, in addition to Miasma and the occasional reptalon.
  3. It might have been near the end of its in-game lifestyle, and despawned before you got back, with a different one of the same type respawning. I've have things despawn in the past, even while fighting it. And, in at least one of the instances, I was trying to kill it to get my stuff back.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only other things, which other explanations above are better, is that it may have been to heavy or high in item count. I know they can only hold so much in their death boxes, it would be interesting to test if they would take a bag of items that would put them over the top. WHY do they always go for the containers!!!! grrr

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have also watched a monster despawn *POOF* right before my eyes after looting me :(
Usually seconds after a despawn, the same monster type will respawn. This could of easily happened while you were ressing. Sucks... I know.

While getting chests from Miasma be sure not to overload yourself to much. I'm not sure if this glitch was patched as I've never read patch notes
concerning it and never wish to test it AGAIN.... but.... If your carrying close to max items from the chests (the game counts ALL the items in
locked chests individually not as a single locked chest (1 item).

When you die with... say 120 items in your pack the game tries to place all the items your wearing into your pack. Items worn that can't fit due to
the 125 backpack item cap may be randomly selected to DROP ON THE GROUND. Yes, your belongings can end up on the ground at your corpse.
I had a blessed yellow dyed rangers cloak of augmentation drop in Labyrinth on the yellow stone path when I died (thanks Rend). Due to the
color, I didn't notice until hours later long after it had decayed (or someone picked it up). After 24 hrs of trying to figure out what happened,
I went back & tested my theory. Unfortunately, I was correct & this time dropped some armor pieces.

Just a warning, don't get to greedy down there when loading up with chests. If you die, you may seriously regret it later :)