• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Loot

Since returning after 20 years I am really looking to understand what is valuable and not. I know much will simply come in time, but as I am training I am finding loot that would have been mind blowing in 1999. As I learn more about character builds and stat/skill limits (which are insane) it will make more sense. But I am looking for a thread or something that I can refer to. Are people still after ornie, FC/FCR, HCI, SSI, DI? How much DI on a brace is worth keeping? Are there max numbers? I found a ton of DI 25's, but then found a 30. I know people are always after set things on set pieces and wondering what those are today. These kinds of things. Anyone put together a list recently?

I just found a ring that I think is amazing for someone that is a PVM tamer, but with things I am finding its probably not so much.
Vet 15
Prov 15
Mana Regen 3
SDI 15
LRC 20

That would of been unheard of before.

In game chat the other day I asked and was told to keep an eye out for no neg splintering weapons. I find plenty of them so are they really worth keeping/selling or was this guy just really excited himself (or screwing with me)?

jcarter

Visitor
Most valuable jewelry is for PvP with the exception of Prized/Clean with either 10ssi + 1 of dci/hci/ep/damage/stat or 18sdi + lrc/skill/mr.

Pvp jewelery will have EP + HCI and/or DCI + fc/fcr/di/stat/as many skills as possible for relevant templates.

Clean weapons with 20+ splinter are valuable if they are a weapon with relevant special moves and have as high as possible of at least a couple of: HLD/HLA/SC/hit spell.

PvP jewels will likely be antique. Antique is bad for PvM.

You want any of the modifiers above to be max or over-capped.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the UO.com web page has notes on the caps (and note that some properties can be "over-capped" through crafting or as very high end loot.

Prized just means insurance cost is multiplied, and the items can't be blessed.
Cursed means the item can't be insured or blessed.
Brittle means that Powder of Fortification can't be used on it, but can be repaired.
All of the above can be enhanced (and imbued if the item has the lower number of properties needed).

Antique items damage easily, take multiple damage, can be repaired, but can't be improved through enhancing, etc. And, yes, they suck if you're going to be subject to damage on a regular basis (as in PvM), though they can last for months in use by someone not in melee (I had an antique ring on a tamer that lasted for 2 years, before I swapped it for a better, prized, piece, and it still could have lasted another year or two at the rate it was being damaged). Note that a tamer, bard or caster with no weapon skill and no parry can use even an antique shield with the shield never being damaged from being attacked in PvM (it might, though, be damaged from some high-end monster special effects). Antique is popular in PvP because few people want it outside PvP, PvPers want the best bonuses, and don't care for the cost.