• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

loot cho house - classic

D

dandate2

uo was legit back when we could pk anything in sight and take the key to their house and loot that too, then defend the property from all the hos trying to take it back.

and they would be coming in droves to take it back cuz it was so hard just to get a house to begin with

i could see people quitting after getting pwn3d by my crew but thats why they should just implement and in-game lending system with interest attached

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
This is the second time I have read this post. It made no more sense on Siege than it does here.

C

Connor_Graham

And it's not just you kelmo.

For some reason I'm getting the feeling the guy wants loan sharks or something like that....

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno, but apparently they had hos back then. Oddly enough, I don't remember Stratics ever having a Hos profession forum. :link:

R

Renyard Foxenwyle

And it's not just you kelmo.

For some reason I'm getting the feeling the guy wants loan sharks or something like that....
Or he's just taking trying to troll those of us who want a classic shard...It's almost like some people learn from the political thing. They feel threatened by those of us who want Siege thrown a bone, or a classic shard, so they trot out someone they can point at and say "This is what all *insert whatever cause they are against* people are like!"

Anyways...How bout those Mets?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Sounds like he asking for House Keys to be brought back in. You have to use your house key to get into your house.

If you get killed they can steal your house key and take over your home. Then you need to gather people together to fight them and get the house key back.

It really is a "Classic aspect" of Ultima Online. Yes SP is suppose to be classic but if they really want to do classic they would make it so your house and all items inside could be taken by use of the "House Key"

Also would be good for the thief. They were real sneaky back in the day. Just waiting for that house owner to come home.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like he asking for House Keys to be brought back in. You have to use your house key to get into your house.

If you get killed they can steal your house key and take over your home. Then you need to gather people together to fight them and get the house key back.

It really is a "Classic aspect" of Ultima Online. Yes SP is suppose to be classic but if they really want to do classic they would make it so your house and all items inside could be taken by use of the "House Key"

Also would be good for the thief. They were real sneaky back in the day. Just waiting for that house owner to come home.
OMGosh, No kidding?! :)

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hated having keys. There was this one person that would follow me everywhere I went to hunt, then lure things to me to kill me, then loot me everytime. He never killed me himself, though Im not sure why, I would've been a REAL easy kill at the time.

D

dandate2

no seriously, rules are what kills the game. uo is classic because there was a time there was no rules, so lets bring back the classic shard.

i tried playing a prodo server for like 2 days and am hella frustrated by the lack of pk, and if i am *lucky* enough to find someone in fel to pk i cant even loot anything good wtf...why not just play evergayquest. i'd try siege but there aint nobody on it

if ea is trying to make money off this they should stop offering the free trial and i'd be out $10 already that'l prolly go to wow now

if they made a classic shard that'l bring back all the players from private shards which prolly amounts to more people than sp at least...i'd play it fo shiz

we didnt quit uo for everquest, we quit it for starcraft cuz that was more challenging

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I refuse to acknowledge your right to request a classic shard, as your egregiously broken and simplistic manner of speach leaves me no logical choice but to conclude that you are, in fact, younger than UO is, and thus were not even alive when UO was "classic."

In conclusion: You sound like a mentally handicapped thug rapper. Please go buy some English.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no seriously, rules are what kills the game. uo is classic because there was a time there was no rules, so lets bring back the classic shard.

i tried playing a prodo server for like 2 days and am hella frustrated by the lack of pk, and if i am *lucky* enough to find someone in fel to pk i cant even loot anything good wtf...why not just play evergayquest. i'd try siege but there aint nobody on it

if ea is trying to make money off this they should stop offering the free trial and i'd be out $10 already that'l prolly go to wow now

if they made a classic shard that'l bring back all the players from private shards which prolly amounts to more people than sp at least...i'd play it fo shiz

we didnt quit uo for everquest, we quit it for starcraft cuz that was more challenging
On your keyboard you will find a key marked 'shift'. By holding this and pressing any other key you will be able to turn lower case letters into UPPER case letters. You should start all sentences with UPPER case letters.

C'mon man, you sound 5 years old. Heck, even my 5 year old has learned upper case letters from lower case.

What you think is being 'cool' or lazy just makes you sound extremely uneducated and I generally dismiss as drivel aas not worth reading. If you want anyone to listen to you or take you seriously, at least attempt to sound educated. That is not just a lesson for UHall but life in general.

E

Evlar

OP is clearly a "gangsta", who liked to hand in someone else's crib... erm... with his homies and hoe's...

I always thought a hoe was a gardening implement... shows what I know eh! ;)

B

Beer_Cayse

I learned quickly that before I went hunting, I went to a bank and dropped my keyring in the bankbox. One could kill and dry-loot me all they wanted, but no house keys were EVER on my corpse.

The only danger point was getting them out and of course immediate entry into the house.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Take it easy folks. Let's not get personal. I just want this poster to understand that this forum appreciates a modicum of grammar and English skills.

We, for the most part, are very tolerant with folks that use English as a second (or even third or more) language. I know of several folks that think they stuggle with English, yet they get their messages across just fine.

Just saying that if you want your ideas and thoughts respected, present them in a respectful manner.

*kicks self for even trying*

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I suppose I'll get blamed for this thread too... rolleyes:

S

slaveone

Pfft. Yet another noob account pretending to be a unique person disguised by ******** grammer and nonsense sentences. So I wonder which Pro-Classic shard Stratics user is pretending to be this guy. Just a word to the wise making 15 newb stratics accounts and posting every other day makes your case for a classic shard much shakier IMO. This is really pathetic.....

R

Renyard Foxenwyle

Pfft. Yet another noob account pretending to be a unique person disguised by ******** grammer and nonsense sentences. So I wonder which Pro-Classic shard Stratics user is pretending to be this guy. Just a word to the wise making 15 newb stratics accounts and posting every other day makes your case for a classic shard much shakier IMO. This is really pathetic.....
More like which anti-classic shard guy took a page out of the political handbook and has made a shill account to make classic shard supporters look bad......

B

Beer_Cayse

<hands on hips and disgusted look> Why'd you let this get started? Can't you keep folks in line at all?

Did I do good? do you feel better now?

B

Beer_Cayse

Unless you can prove it's a registered person using an alt, that's a pretty baseless allegation.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uo was legit back when we could pk anything in sight and take the key to their house and loot that too, then defend the property from all the hos trying to take it back.

and they would be coming in droves to take it back cuz it was so hard just to get a house to begin with

i could see people quitting after getting pwn3d by my crew but thats why they should just implement and in-game lending system with interest attached
The idea of house keys is not just long gone, but it is prohibitive.
It just had too many problems ... problems you wish would return and visit
upon others just so you and only you have fun.

It is time for you to move along toward some other idea.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

R

RavenWinterHawk

I guess UO is to Legit to Quit.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

A guildmember of mine made a post far more horrible than this one, littered with the most heinous of grammar and spelling, making this look like a masterpiece. One of my other guildmembers is a college professor, and did a bit of editing to the post. It was truly one of the funniest things I have ever in my life read.

As my professor friend mentions at some point in the post, it will definitely make your eyes bleed. I can't believe the OP in the thread I'm linking below has successfully graduated from High School. Or Junior High. Or possibly even Kindergarten.

http://www.borninchaos.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51&p=187#p187

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Some responses lately are reminding me of movies I've seen. For example, this response reminds me of a scene from Trading Places, where Eddie Murphys character is being schooled on Commodities by the Duke Brothers. "Pork, which is used for bacon, which you might find on a Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich"...and then EMs character turns and looks at the camera.......LOL

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some responses lately are reminding me of movies I've seen. For example, this response reminds me of a scene from Trading Places, where Eddie Murphys character is being schooled on Commodities by the Duke Brothers. "Pork, which is used for bacon, which you might find on a Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich"...and then EMs character turns and looks at the camera.......LOL
lol i think of Brooke Shields getting smacked by Terrence on South Park.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7EjdC0pjo1A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7EjdC0pjo1A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Now, THAT is funny. I love the "Dude ..." sig as well!
LOL.

The 'dude' sig is actually a quote from my hubby, quoting me, in regards to an IRL event which happened when we were 16. It's almost as funny as the post- but not quite.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or he's just taking trying to troll those of us who want a classic shard...It's almost like some people learn from the political thing. They feel threatened by those of us who want Siege thrown a bone, or a classic shard, so they trot out someone they can point at and say "This is what all *insert whatever cause they are against* people are like!"

Anyways...How bout those Mets?
Well you've certainly learned from the "political thing", I have to say; because despite being aware of the fact that it's just a common or garden troll, you were still unable to resist reducing everything down to a manichean battle between two "teams" again all the same, and because obviously the "team" you are on is the better one, your opponents must have some more sinister reason for opposing you, right? And then using a technique right out of the political playbook, you declare the real reason is because they are "threatened"...

Too harsh? Not really; here's the actual playbook you've taken it from, even if you weren't consciously aware of where it came from; in 1995 Newt Gingrich circulated a memo to Republicans entering Congress, entitled "Language: A Key Mechanism Of Control" (http://www.wfu.edu/~zulick/454/gopac.html). You will notice "Threaten" is one of the "hard words to define our opponents"...

In reality of course, those of us who don't like a classic shard aren't "threatened" in the slightest by it. But there is a tendency with some people in turn to roll their eyes when someone else displays their ignorance; and much of the debate about a classic shard is more eye-rolling at the obsession some of you have for it to extent of ignoring (or not understanding) all other playstyles, or the blind nostalgia about what happened then, and the sheer inability to accept the world has moved on, or why... so what's happening here is a double baited troll hook; someone acting really, really dumb to get one reaction from one "team" of people, who recognise just enough of themselves or the world they loved, to feel it's a satire of them; but also referring to just enough of the reality as it really was (decent people were stalked and killed for their house keys... ) to try and encourage those who feel the urge to eye roll to argue back with you.

And the reality is, he belongs to neither. He's just trolling, as again you knew he was. But he's done it clearly very, very well because you then took the side of the "team" he set you up to take. And I couldn't resist rolling my eyes in turn, although for an entirely different reason than he was trying to hook me on; your blindness to just how much your thought pattern was shaped by a political reality you at the same time claimed to be free from... I'll bet our trolling friend has an unconscious awareness of that environment though. That's why he's a troll; he enjoys winding people up and around their own contradictions; and there's nothing more common than the Upright Moralist who turns out to be projecting all his own weaknesses (or gay lust ;) ) onto his opponents...

So well done Mr Troll for fulfilling the role in life you've chosen to take!

And well done Newt Gingrich! 15 years after you impeached Clinton whilst cheating on Wife No.2 with soon-to-be Wife No.3, your control of language remains masterly, even here on a gaming board!

And how about that Wife No.1, eh?

In Flames

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In reality of course, those of us who don't like a classic shard aren't "threatened" in the slightest by it.
There was a time when I was barred from making classic shard threads.

It very much seemed to me that the thought of a classic shard was a threat to the normal player's dev work time.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
back then they did wait for the house owner to come home. They took sifts on who would be watching the house at what hours. kill the poor guy, take his key, and lock him out while looting the house.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were people watching my keep night and day hidden for months and months. They were very frustrated people. I didn't enter it in that manner, however I did have to open the door once a week. There was a mad dash for my house whenever the door would open.

They never got in. :)

D

dandate2

Pardon me gentlemen; but it seems rather precarious that there is a vast lasting demand for the classic shard, yet none has come to fruition. I would take it rather virtuous if we the people had made such an assembly to put the congregations demands before the eyes of the industries staff. Thus, I must suggest that the mentioned assembly draft a Bill of UO Rights, and proceed to fax/mail/email/and call the Electronic Arts institution about such demands. Backed by the full faith of the assembly, I see it oft not likely that such requests shall be ignored, as they are unjustly found to be here.

then imma pk yo ass and loot cho house, desecrate chu corpse,

D

dandate2

i gotta note that imma hella laugh when u go back to trammel cuz i looted cho hous

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This was the reason I didn't start playing until UOR.

B

Beer_Cayse

good as ... it was moved! then again, comic relief is always good in SnR.

K

Kiminality

There was a time when I was barred from making classic shard threads.

It very much seemed to me that the thought of a classic shard was a threat to the normal player's dev work time.
Actually, the devs had effectively said "no way, no how".
So it was basically reasoned that since they only ever really became Tram vs. Fel arguments, they were more trouble than they were worth.

Now that they're allowed, look at all the drama they spawned.
Y'all need your own forum :p

B

BeefSupreme

Pardon me gentlemen; but it seems rather precarious that there is a vast lasting demand for the classic shard, yet none has come to fruition. I would take it rather virtuous if we the people had made such an assembly to put the congregations demands before the eyes of the industries staff. Thus, I must suggest that the mentioned assembly draft a Bill of UO Rights, and proceed to fax/mail/email/and call the Electronic Arts institution about such demands. Backed by the full faith of the assembly, I see it oft not likely that such requests shall be ignored, as they are unjustly found to be here.

then imma pk yo ass and loot cho house, desecrate chu corpse,
Sorry guys, but this is the funniest post in the last what? month?