• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Loosing known recipes

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am beginning to get rather tired of this.

Just yesterday, I made just over 100 Twinkling Scimitars. Today, I log in to make some more, and I no longer know the recipe.

This happened two weeks ago with Sticher's Mittens. I have made all the mittens on my characters and sold at least a dozen more, and I log in to find that I know no longer know the recipe.

And while I am on the subject. For the 5th time the same account has 'lost' the 9th ED upgrade.

I have submitted at least a dozen total complaints/bug reports and either received no response or 'sorry we can't do anything'

O

onthefifty

my guildmate lost his scrapper's knowledge but that was after we transferred shards.

M

Mulch

Losing he knowledge permanently or just for some time?

Is no secret the account servers bug out from time to time and don't recognize the expansions. Maybe you just lose the knowledge of recipes for some time?

Else it is a more serious bug.

L

Lord Kynd

Is no secret the account servers bug out from time to time and don't recognize the expansions. Maybe you just lose the knowledge of recipes for some time?

if you are a crafter it is serious.
and NuSair isn't exactly a newbie.

on a side note, this explains why i get that message on some things i have made before.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another dumb question for you, Nusair. Is the character that has dementia in the sixth or seventh character slot on the shard for that account?

D

Dexdash

is this the same char or do you stone your crafting skills and switch some times? ive made that mistake before.

I

Infiniti

Same thing happened to me. My crafter lost her ability to stonecraft and I had to go buy the book again. LS shard. :sad4:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am going to say it's permanent, because after a week, I bought another copy of the sticher mittens.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another dumb question for you, Nusair. Is the character that has dementia in the sixth or seventh character slot on the shard for that account?
The character in question was the 2nd character created on a 119 month old account, so, I say the crafter is ~9 years old.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you are a crafter it is serious.
and NuSair isn't exactly a newbie.

on a side note, this explains why i get that message on some things i have made before.
Thanks =)

It is serious, especially with the rare recipes.

J

Jeremy

If you haven't already, please send in a bug report with the specifics (account name, character names, etc.) This is obviously a Bad Thing.

P

Prodigal Son

This happened on my crafter. I left for a year to play WoW and when I reactivated my UO account most of my crafting recipes had been unlearned. I know for a fact that there were only two recipes that I didn't learn prior to leaving. So needless to say I had to go out and get all the recipes again.

S

SilentFoxXy

Exactly the same thing happened to me with Overseers Saundered recipe.

When I mentioned it folk just said I must have had it on another character, or didnt even believe I had it.

But I had mage 12 Overseers, and had 5 left, how else could I get them??

I had to eventually pay several million for a replacement,

Report to GM they just say yeah right , go try con someoone else

Very very bad bug

Let it be knowin, I paid x million, I have it now on my Crafter, and I have made 5 blades, and have 3 on vendors....

And ATM I still have the recipe:)

G

galefan2004

The character in question was the 2nd character created on a 119 month old account, so, I say the crafter is ~9 years old.
Maybe the character has developed some sort of dimentia related to old age. Thats like 900 years in UO years. :p

J/k. I realise how much this must really suck. Especially if you are one of those people that wants to get all your recipes yourself instead of buying any of them.

S

SilentFoxXy

If you haven't already, please send in a bug report with the specifics (account name, character names, etc.) This is obviously a Bad Thing.
I lost Overseers Saundered , After making and selling several , and having a few saved in chest.

I tried to make one a few weeks back, 'You have not learnt this recipe'

I did send in a report, I sent a GM message, but after 6 hrs had to log out with no response

I filled bug report, sent it, and got no reply.

Now I have bought the recipe (Overseers Saundered) and paid to cross shard it back to EU from Atl, having spent several weeks grinding (Broadswords till the cows came home basically, no luck) in Heartwood trying to get it back.