• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looks like new tameables coming with Bane-Ophidian event

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
M

maroite

Not sure if everyone saw this, but some text strings in the recent patch (see http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1734743&postcount=4) seem to point to two new tameables - a dread swamp dragon and a bane dragon - coming available with the event.

Sounds like the event is now live on TC - may have to go check it out.
There was also mention of specially trained Hell Hounds if you read through that thread.

I am thinking that the Bane Dragon and the dread swamp dragon are one in the same though. If you read the threads carefully I believe there is mention in the quest text about how the Bane Chosen ride the Bane Dragons into combat.

If they are mounts, its rather disappointing from a gargoyle point of view. :(

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Neither the Bane Dragons or Hell Hounds are Tameable atm on TC.

M

maroite

Neither the Bane Dragons or Hell Hounds are Tameable atm on TC.
Well... The cliloc text that people were posting made me think that you had to do quests to get the Bane Dragons. Or at least to get food for them. Maybe you have to get food in order to tame one or something?

Looked like 20 crystalline blackrock would give you some stew to feed to the dragons. No clue about the hellhounds.

Do they have new graphics? Can you lore them?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The stew might explain the messages we've been getting from pets since the last patch or two if you inadvertently try to drag and drop something on them. I had assumed that we might see additional types of barding but maybe it's just special foods required for bonding pets. Uggh if that's going to mean having to do a quest now to bond freshly tamed or traded pets that are already in the game. Don't particularly care that much (if the quests aren't ridiculous) if it just applies to new types of pets.

Guess we'll soon be overusing that "stablecount" command to see how many stable slots we have left to squeeze in new stuff, eh?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Well... The cliloc text that people were posting made me think that you had to do quests to get the Bane Dragons. Or at least to get food for them. Maybe you have to get food in order to tame one or something?

Looked like 20 crystalline blackrock would give you some stew to feed to the dragons. No clue about the hellhounds.

Do they have new graphics? Can you lore them?
Ah yeah maybe, I read those too and thought the same, I mean from trying to Tame them directly it currently says they can't. Getting loyalty for the quest takes a long time.

The graphic for the Bane Dragon is a black Swamp Dragon, the Hell Hounds are just a brighter hue.

I did lore the Bane Dragons but didn't write it down. They had over 500 HP, 70 Phys resist and 20 something Energy resist from what I can remember. They also had a breath which poisoned.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The Bane camp starts just North of where the Desert champ spawn would be (if it were Fel) and trails through towards the Ophidian Temple.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone lored either the Bane Dragon or Hell Hound yet to get a rough picture of there stats?