• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Looking to buy the rarest pet in-game whatever that may be, you decide. PM me with what you have.

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Paying out the ying yang for the rarest pet in-game, let me know what you have please. PM or reply here I guess.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The absolute rarest pet in game is a Pale White Ridgeback 1/1 and I doubt it will ever be for sale.

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Well the question is who decides on what the rarest pet in UO actually is and what is it? I think that we should expand on this and remove the dusty cover off of the UO rare pets stall and actually create a thread where everyone can post a picture and description of the rare pet they own along with owner information and legality. I think it would be cool to see some cool pets show up that we've never seen before! I'm just trying to say that there might be a pet out there as equally sought after as the snow ridgeback is.

It would also give an estimate on the value of the pets so that owners who wish to sell their pets in the future could have a rough pricing on how much they should ask for. Just like rare items, again I think we should have some kind of record book on the prices of pets for everyone to have access to and gain knowledge from rather than having to make up a price and getting undercut.

Last edited:

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't see how anyone can give a pricing on how much someone's rare pet is worth. When people ask me how much I paid for my rare pets, I tell them that, if I told, it would put a value on my pet. My pets are worth how much money would make me happy to make me part with it; how much money I might need at the time; to make me happy enough to part with it, and how much someone wants it bad enough to pay a price for it.

My Two Cents,
Deca

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I will expand further on my thoughts on that subject. When I saw the vanguard wolf for sale, I figured it was worth about 50m, but I wanted it bad, and there weren't any others being sold that I knew of.. So when a bid war came to, I kept bidding, I kept evaluating whether I would be still happy with the animal despite the mass amounts of unexpected gold I would have to shell out. And yes, I kept on bidding and would have until I felt I could live without said pet. ^_^ (hundreds of mils)

On a Side note, I am currently working on a rares database.. I will be trying to obtain as many pictures of pets legal or illegal that are out there, and information on for this database =)

Last edited:

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Their was a WW that is stuck in rat form for sale at the raresfest auction. That seems pretty rare.
I don't know the exact # out there but I know they are rare. The real ethereal hiyru's are awesome.. Its an actual hiyru that is ethy colored. Not sure if he still owns one but Lykor had one on Catskills..

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Their was a WW that is stuck in rat form for sale at the raresfest auction. That seems pretty rare.
I don't know the exact # out there but I know they are rare. The real ethereal hiyru's are awesome.. Its an actual hiyru that is ethy colored. Not sure if he still owns one but Lykor had one on Catskills..
There are 2 of them:

Decadence owns one
Caveat Emptor owns the other

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Isn't their an ancient wyrm somewhere as well? Also thought I've seen rare colored pets around,a green cu,a darker toned dragon,

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are 2 of them:

Decadence owns one
Caveat Emptor owns the other
More than 2.

As far as rare pets go you haveeee (Ranked in terms of rarity/price)

1. The 3rd Balhae Taming Event 2nd Place Winner (Ridable Ice Blue like Vet Robe Colored Horse)
2. Snow Ridgeback (Dont say its not for sell, every owner has said that, and it has changed hands atleast 2-3 times)
3. Ethy Hiryu + Reptalon (Other Ethy pets were deemed illegal)
4. WW in Rat form
5. Pets stuck in the brown statue color from Medusa
6. Red Horse
7. Old faction horses (Old Green SL)
8. Red Imps
9. Vanguard Wolves
10. Blaze Cu's
11. Dread's
12. Clan Ribbon Plague Rats
13. PP Pets (IE cursetamed ect)
14. Black horses

* No longer exist or are illegal
Speed bug pets
The 3rd Balhae Taming Event 1st Place Winner (Ridable Glacial Horse) (1) - Supposedly killed before it could bond
Tamed Ancient Wyrms
Ethy Pets/Mounts (besides Hiryu's)
Existing Silver Steeds
Various tamed EM Created monsters which were not supposed to be tameable - IE Superpowered Sphynxs (Now Sphynx Statues) or Odd colored Slimes

If I missed anything let me know

Last edited:

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3. Ethy Hiryu (Other Ethy pets were deemed illegal)

Not true there is also at least one Reptalon.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3. Ethy Hiryu (Other Ethy pets were deemed illegal)

Not true there is also at least one Reptalon.
I knew of it, but thought it was illegal? Were Reptalons confirmed as legal as well?

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
3. (Other Ethy pets were deemed illegal)
Reptalon.and Ethy Hiryu
Although they were not what was intended
When the Retouching Tool of veteran reward has been introduced
spawn on the origin of the preceding publish

some Asia People are capture Taming it. After
they are ask to mesanna.
legal or not

She a decision to legal.

I hate anything that is not intended to personally

Last edited:

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ah okay, I thought there were only 2 WW/Ratman lol.... sorry about that

About the ethy's..... there was a ethy polar bear that is deemed illegal, but I'm sure someone owns one or two out there.

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have always wondered with the WW permanently polymorphed into a rat man what would happen if you took it to the baracoon in fel despise dungeon. Would it lose it's rat man form or what would happen?

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have always wondered with the WW permanently polymorphed into a rat man what would happen if you took it to the baracoon in fel despise dungeon. Would it lose it's rat man form or what would happen?
Scary thought

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Does anyone have any information on who owns the second red nightmare? I have heard in the past that the one red nightmare that Blue Amber used to own got sold to ShuShu aka PiYo PiYo but i'm not sure who the owner was for the second one. I have heard that their were two known to exist (even though there were 8 total spawned between 4 asian shards i believe). There was a long main and a short main from what I heard that existed. I am not sure though who the owner is of the second one and/or if it's even possible to get in touch with them. If anyone has any information on this it would be greatly appreciated, and as always please let me knof you have a pet you'd like to sell. I would be willing to make a most generous offer depending on what it is you have and if it's something i'd be interested in buying. I realize some people keep pets stabled in fear that it may be lost somehow. I do plan on using whatever pet I can obtain regularly so players would be able to see it (which I think is a good thing so people can see what we have out there).

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Paying out the ying yang for the rarest pet in-game, let me know what you have please. PM or reply here I guess.
Blood Imp "Ethereal VoidSpy" and Neon Pink Bunny "Mesannas Real Minion" (names aren't special)

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Found a few purple bunnies in my stable.

Now I wonder how much they are worth. :)

Last edited:

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
These are what I have (in order):
Charcoal hued horse (not a black horse)
Medusa bugged cu
Clan ribbon plague rat
Valentines bunny
http://i39.***********/2qtwkqq.png
All deemed legal.

Last edited:

Kiss

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have meat eating unicorn, Rat form WW prepatched & several prepatch publish 16 pets, as well, black horses

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I have meat eating unicorn, Rat form WW prepatched & several prepatch publish 16 pets, as well, black horses
I use to have a Rune Beetle that acted like a Blue Beetle but DUDLEY BLEW IT UP during a classic boat battle event along with all the other pets there hehehe

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are there variations on the black horses like nightmares? Long mane,short,etc

FisherNap

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't their an ancient wyrm somewhere as well? Also thought I've seen rare colored pets around,a green cu,a darker toned dragon,

Last tamed ancient wyrm I knew of was ORDER on Atlantic, and he is no more. I reckon he died in the stables at least 10 years ago.

There were a few silver steeds still in existence 10 years ago, but dunno if any still exist. It's been quite a long time since I last played.

Magnificent creatures! The pinnacle of old world taming skill!