• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Looking to build a PvM Archer

• Thread starter steeda95gt
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

steeda95gt

Hi everyone,

I wanted to build another character around the archery skill. I am looking to simply do some solo PvM against some high-end creatures. Can anyone recommend a good template to build upon?

I hear that Bushido works pretty well with what I have in mind.

Does anyone have a strong PvM template for an archer that can take on Doom creatures, peerless, or any other creature that would fall into this category? Any suggestions on templates you guys are currently using would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

C

Connor_Graham

ABC archer is one of the most powerful types, along with having a very high level of survivability.

Archery 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 115
Anatomy 100
Healing 100
Resist 90
Chiv 75

You'll need MR, LMC, and DI items, along with a solid 30+ SSI mana leech bow. I prefer crossbows and heavy crossbows myself for the high damage hits.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Connor Thats the template I use ! Wow what a coincidence ;-)
Thats a great temp I would also suggest having some jewels made and raising the skills a little higher (if it will fit on your jewels)!
great pvm template ! probably the most damage doing anyway!

S

steeda95gt

ABC archer is one of the most powerful types, along with having a very high level of survivability.

Archery 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 115
Anatomy 100
Healing 100
Resist 90
Chiv 75

You'll need MR, LMC, and DI items, along with a solid 30+ SSI mana leech bow. I prefer crossbows and heavy crossbows myself for the high damage hits.
Connor,

That is one really nice template. Also, thank you for the quick response. Please forgive me because I haven't been around much lately, but when you mention ABC template, does that mean Archery / Bushido / Chivalry?

With the other poster below you saying that was the template they used also, I might just take your suggestion and run.

Thanks again!!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I stole this from connor a couple years ago ! and it does stand for archery Bushido chivalry

C

Connor_Graham

Connor,

That is one really nice template. Also, thank you for the quick response. Please forgive me because I haven't been around much lately, but when you mention ABC template, does that mean Archery / Bushido / Chivalry?

With the other poster below you saying that was the template they used also, I might just take your suggestion and run.

Thanks again!!
Thanks! My template has been tried and tested and is one serious powerhouse in the damage department. Another thing to keep in mind while creating this char is to max dex at 150 and pack as much stamina increase as you can get. I run with 150 dex and 173 stamina myself.

S

steeda95gt

I stole this from connor a couple years ago ! and it does stand for archery Bushido chivalry
The first few posts were very positive about this template and I am anxious to try it out!

How well has this template worked for you with 1 on 1 PvM?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The first few posts were very positive about this template and I am anxious to try it out!

for archer I would give it a 9 out of 10
The one draw back is if you are in small area ! you need room to move around with a archer!
I can take out a crimson dragon alone given the time and the room ! as for peerless I really dont mess with them much.. pretty much you can solo anything else though for sure ...
you wont be disappointed!:D

C

Connor_Graham

This template has allowed me to solo every monster, including paragon versions, outside of peerless and Doom. As far as Peerless, I've successfully solo'd both DH and Travesty, along with every Doom boss except Flesh Renderers. Of course it takes a wide variety of bows to be this versatile, but once you've been at it for a while, you find what you need as you go along. This has also been my character of choice for nearly every event over the past 5 years. I think the only event that I prefer to use my meleer with is ToT.

S

steeda95gt

This template has allowed me to solo every monster, including paragon versions, outside of peerless and Doom. As far as Peerless, I've successfully solo'd both DH and Travesty, along with every Doom boss except Flesh Renderers. Of course it takes a wide variety of bows to be this versatile, but once you've been at it for a while, you find what you need as you go along. This has also been my character of choice for nearly every event over the past 5 years. I think the only event that I prefer to use my meleer with is ToT.
Quick question, why is the 120 bushido necessary? I can see that Lightning Strike would be very effective while in combat but only requires 50 skill. Is it because it enables you to parry with a bow?

C

Connor_Graham

120 Bushido increases your chance of a critical strike to 20%. It also increases the amount of health regenerated from Confidence.