• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking to build a pirating pet Mare vs Lesser Hiryu

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
I want to make a pet to use primarily for pirating - this means it has to have mage mastery to teleport. From there I'm pretty open for appearance I am debating between a Nightmare and Lesser Hiryu, not sure which of their specials might work better grasping crawl or dragon breath. Also, any suggestions on the build itself past Mage Mastery? I'm considering adding some aoe to the build but not sure. Kind of like to get away from the Chiv\AI build completely for this as I use it on most of the Cu's I've built. This will be used with a tamer\archer so having a more tankie pet is helpful. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I want to make a pet to use primarily for pirating - this means it has to have mage mastery to teleport. From there I'm pretty open for appearance I am debating between a Nightmare and Lesser Hiryu, not sure which of their specials might work better grasping crawl or dragon breath. Also, any suggestions on the build itself past Mage Mastery? I'm considering adding some aoe to the build but not sure. Kind of like to get away from the Chiv\AI build completely for this as I use it on most of the Cu's I've built. This will be used with a tamer\archer so having a more tankie pet is helpful. Any suggestions?
Hyiru can't have magery mastery i use mare kirin or serpentine dragon

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Thanks! Guess that means that I’ll be going with the mare. Also, CAH needs to update their list of abilities listed for a lesser hiryu as it’s listed there. Now I just need suggestions for useful builds.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks! Guess that means that I’ll be going with the mare. Also, CAH needs to update their list of abilities listed for a lesser hiryu as it’s listed there. Now I just need suggestions for useful builds.
Now I'm second guessing myself maybe I tried it and the hyiru wouldn't teleport hummm

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2 slot current mare can make a magery mastery pet. You can get the new colors.

Have to pick magery mastery for it to teleport.

AI /magery mastery would be the build. Will kill the crew but takes a while to kill the dread pirate.

110 scrolls would br be fine.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks! I was going to try something besides AI but why mess with what works.
I like an aoe because it keeps the enemy focused on the pet not me and killing the crew is so easy even a vanity pet could do it and i never bother with killing the dread takes too long and i could scuttle and loot another ship in that time. They are perfect for pet training as they give same gains as the crazed mages

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
I entered a new nightmare I have in the pet planner and came up with this: Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

This is it's starting stats:

1666027333218.png

I'd love to hear opinions on what improvements on this build would be. I am going to use the an AoE for the same reason just to draw attention to the Nightmare. I'll be using a Cu with Chiv\AI if I do any bosses with her. Would also like the opinion of Explosive Goo or other AoE's. Haven't put one on a pet yet so not sure what to expect for performance.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I entered a new nightmare I have in the pet planner and came up with this: Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

This is it's starting stats:

View attachment 136566

I'd love to hear opinions on what improvements on this build would be. I am going to use the an AoE for the same reason just to draw attention to the Nightmare. I'll be using a Cu with Chiv\AI if I do any bosses with her. Would also like the opinion of Explosive Goo or other AoE's. Haven't put one on a pet yet so not sure what to expect for performance.
Yup the current two slot mares make a magery pet pretty easily.