• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for updated 2008 pet control calculator.

X

Xel Naga

I attempted building a template around the old system and it miserably failed. According to the chart I would have had a 99% control chance on a cu with 112.8 taming and 80 lore. However, reality set it and I had about a 0% chance.

Any new calculator's out ?

I was attempting to make a template of
120 medi
120 eval
100 mage
100 focus
80 vet
75 lore
110 taming

with using the taming talisman and crystalline ring in my gear to max mana regen. Sadly I worked the idea out before I tried the taming control rate and simply trusted stratics and the control calculator here.

What's the lowest lore I would need in order to have 99% control over a Cu, greater dragon, and dread mare with taming at 115?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the sticky above, "Taming Control Chance Calculator" has the current calculations, but doesn't include the dread mare or greater dragon.

The formula, as far as I know, is:
70 + ((6 * (your taming- taming difficulty)) + (14 * (Your lore - taming difficulty)) / 2) = control chance (max of 99)

With this formula, you need 100 lore for 99% control of a cu sidhe and 105 lore for 99% control of a dread war horse. Both calculations assume 115 taming.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, AFAIK that calculator is working to the most recent formula.

For any pets that aren't on the list, just type in their difficulty level manually and then put your details in normally as before.

Wenchy

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the sticky above, "Taming Control Chance Calculator" has the current calculations, but doesn't include the dread mare or greater dragon.

The formula, as far as I know, is:
70 + ((6 * (your taming- taming difficulty)) + (14 * (Your lore - taming difficulty)) / 2) = control chance (max of 99)

With this formula, you need 100 lore for 99% control of a cu sidhe and 105 lore for 99% control of a dread war horse. Both calculations assume 115 taming.
There's one tiny error in that formula above - the parentheses are out of order. The /2 calculation needs to be done on the COMBINATION of the taming calculation and the lore calculation. (Its purpose is to average the two).

It should be, 70 + the average of the modified taming and modified lore calculations.

like -

70 + ((( 6 * (your taming - taming difficulty)) + (14 * (your lore - taming difficulty))) /2) = control chance

The parentheses affect the order of operations, and if you only do the /2 on the second skill calculation, the first part doesn't get averaged in properly.

I'm attaching a graphic to illustrate the groupings of operations with the parentheses.

Also note that the 6 and 14 are not fixed numbers. They are modifiers that change based on whether your taming or lore is higher or less than the pet's difficulty rating. The taming modifier will be 6 if your taming is greater than the pet difficulty, or 28 if your taming is less than the pet's difficulty. The lore modifier will be 6 if your lore is greater than the pet difficulty, and 14 if your lore is less than the pet difficulty. The link below explains it all.

Here's the step by step calculation from Jeremy's post last year:
http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=195

(The only reason I know this is because I'm working on a pet control chance calculator for UOCraft.com!) :p

Attachments