• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for Suggestions

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For a new context, I need a new preamble.
There was no news for me to wrap-up today, which left me with two choices:
  1. Embark upon a grand quest to attempt to find the bottom of a cider bottle.
  2. Seek feedback for what people would be interested in reading on Stratics Central, and then #1
I think I made the right choice.

What would you, my dear readership, like to see happening on Stratics Central?
People of the forums, for whom I will mirror this question to; Same question.

There are already the Daily Wrap-ups, and Weekly Reviews (although it might not be entirely accurate to use plurals, since it's been running less than a week), and they seem to be working out.
But when it comes right down to it, if I want people to be reading Stratics Central, then there needs to be things for the people I want to be reading it to want to read, so that they'll read it (as I want them to be doing).
So, to restate the question, as a person I might want to be reading Stratics Central, what would you be interested in reading?

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You aren't the only one struggling for things to write about, look what they've resorted to on Kotaku: Space Station Internet Too Slow for Online Video Games

This time of year is generally pretty slow for the gaming industry, which is why a lot of indie, low-budget, and classic game sales are getting some boosts. Stratics has always been an MMO hub, but I know I at least enjoy other forms of entertainment like console games, movies, music, books, etc. I'm always scouring the internet for suggestions/reviews on any of those topics. If you'd ever go that direction, I'd certainly like reading it. If you're sticking to MMO's though I don't see how you can do more than you already are, maybe you'll just have to skip certain days when nothing is happening. Anyways, I'm not being very helpful probably so hopefully someone else will have some MMO-related ideas they'd want to read like maybe player/player community stories and interviews or something like that.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the response.
I wouldn't say it wasn't helpful; even though you didn't say "I'd like to see..." you gave your honest impression.

Currently, my priorities are:
  1. Create regular content.
  2. Steamline the creation of said regular content.
I'm spending far longer than I should be, filtering through things I shouldn't need to be:(

But there is room for new features on top of what's currently going on :)

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for the response.
I wouldn't say it wasn't helpful; even though you didn't say "I'd like to see..." you gave your honest impression.
This time of year is generally pretty slow for the gaming industry, which is why a lot of indie, low-budget, and classic game sales are getting some boosts. Stratics has always been an MMO hub, but I know I at least enjoy other forms of entertainment like console games, movies, music, books, etc. I'm always scouring the internet for suggestions/reviews on any of those topics. If you'd ever go that direction, I'd certainly like reading it. If you're sticking to MMO's though I don't see how you can do more than you already are, maybe you'll just have to skip certain days when nothing is happening. Anyways, I'm not being very helpful probably so hopefully someone else will have some MMO-related ideas they'd want to read like maybe player/player community stories and interviews or something like that.
Sorry if it was a bit hidden/hard to catch ;) but there you go. "I'd like to see" that.

A

astonix

Obviously copying content gets us nowhere, but if you header over to gamesindustry.biz, it might give you some ideas for content and where to take things content-wise.

For actual ideas, my mind is blank at the moment >.<

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if it was a bit hidden/hard to catch ;) but there you go. "I'd like to see" that.
Now I look like a bit of an idiot.
I'd originally written something about how I was planning to stick mostly to MMOGs for the time being. Then I edited all trace of it out, leaving that statement kind of malformed and wrong.
At past midnight, most of the caffeine is gone from my system, and I'm kept awake by insomnia alone :(

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now I look like a bit of an idiot.
I'd originally written something about how I was planning to stick mostly to MMOGs for the time being. Then I edited all trace of it out, leaving that statement kind of malformed and wrong.
At past midnight, most of the caffeine is gone from my system, and I'm kept awake by insomnia alone :(
Aww, no one thinks you look like an idiot, I don't have the clearest of writing styles so it was easy to miss.

Here's an idea though: if you ever have humorous new stories related to MMOs, report them! Nothing wrong with a little humor. I'm a bit biased towards Kotaku-style game blogs but it doesn't necessarily have to be adult humor for it to be funny, since that would seemingly go against Stratics' (and possibly your own?) ethos, subcultural norm, modus operandi, etc. So far the daily updates have been pretty serious business, and maybe that's what you're going for I guess, but reporting a few funny news updates now and then as you come across them might be good. I'd like to see that!

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been trying to be a bit lighter on the Daily Wrap-ups.
I get bored with all serious all the time.
But it can be really hard to jazz up "a game is now in open beta" :(

But then I wonder if I'm being too serious.
Then I wonder if when I make a joke I'm going too far (true as it may be, I did fret about the one about Valve's deadline keeping:p)