• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Looking for Suggestions on Archer Build

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have an old Archer toon that I want to make more viable now. He does okay at Krampus. I have only died to lag but I want to be able to use him more. If gold was no object what would the best all around Archer Template be?
My Current Template:
120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
114.4 Healing
91.2 Chivy
58.4 Focus

On Stones:
120 Fencing
120 Parry
120 Bushido
100 Necromancy
100 Hiding
120 Resist

As for gear I have Insane Tinker Legs, Feudal Grips and a Despicable quiver. Anyhow, I want to be able to inflict the most damage that is possible and be well protected. Any suggestions would be great.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My archer is one of my favorite characters to play. I can kill from a distance or whirlwind down multiple mobs with a 100% HLL doubleaxe. Also benefits from high faster casting and faster cast recovery to cast heals and cure in addition to bandages and HLL with a double axe.

110 Anatomy
100 Archery (120 with hunter's headdress)
90 Healing (100 with enhanced bandages)
120 Tactics
90 Bushido
120 Chivalry
90 Swords

I instantly swap gear when I equip my doubleaxe to give me full DCI. My jewels when I swap to swords gear boosts me up to 120 swords and bushido.

I also use 120 Chiv for the full benefit from Divine Fury to give me a damage, hit chance, and swing speed boost.

For archery I use composite bows but I rely heavily on Yumi's with double shot. I find that double does as much damage as AI when combined with Consecrate Weapon, which I always keep up.

I'm on Atlantic so let me know if you want to see the character in action or look at my gear.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a Wraith Archery
120 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
95 Chivalry
120 Spellweaving
40 Necromancy
60 Spirit Speak

I spam AI with a 215 Stamina. I use Fear and Greater Confusion Blast potions when Krampus Minions attack. I have balanced on a bow. Then when he drops to 30% WoD on Krampus in Wraith Form.

I use a soldier medal and got 10 Chivalry on Jewelry.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Wraith archer is fun, you'll find yourself forgetting AI costs mana until you drain your targets mana dry. mystic archer is also very cool, won't out dps the wraith, but you get a lot of utility... And a tank. Spell plague+AI combo does some nice hits. Tamer archer is a classic, IMO. Another very good temp is discord archer, discord masteries (tribulation+AI, I like composites :), and discord is always welcome in a group hunt! The good old ABC (archery/bushido/chivalry) is still very strong with the damage output from chiv, plus bushido helping with hits and supplemental healing.

Man really take any temp and wiggle a lil archery in there to see what happens, lmao... The fact that you can reforge up to 40 ssi and still enhance another 10% is pretty mind-boggling (if rarely done). I like Gb's idea of mixing archery and melee for a pvm build, I think I may have another archer temp to try out, now!!

msB_CO18

Visitor
My archer is one of my favorite characters to play. I can kill from a distance or whirlwind down multiple mobs with a 100% HLL doubleaxe. Also benefits from high faster casting and faster cast recovery to cast heals and cure in addition to bandages and HLL with a double axe.

110 Anatomy
100 Archery (120 with hunter's headdress)
90 Healing (100 with enhanced bandages)
120 Tactics
90 Bushido
120 Chivalry
90 Swords

I instantly swap gear when I equip my doubleaxe to give me full DCI. My jewels when I swap to swords gear boosts me up to 120 swords and bushido.

I also use 120 Chiv for the full benefit from Divine Fury to give me a damage, hit chance, and swing speed boost.

For archery I use composite bows but I rely heavily on Yumi's with double shot. I find that double does as much damage as AI when combined with Consecrate Weapon, which I always keep up.

I'm on Atlantic so let me know if you want to see the character in action or look at my gear.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You’re correct in the assumption. I’ve had healing for years and never dropped it. I use healing consistently and Chiv heal for emergencies. I use Chiv to cure 100 percent of the time over bandages.

Plus I don’t feel like I could replace healing with anything that would be as useful. Possibly Resist but I didn’t feel this was a big help.

I also hate dying.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I also put high HLL on my double axes when I switch gear. Some have 100 percent HLL.

Again, because I hate dying and want to feel overpowered.

Sonreir

Visitor
Great thread, all. I've also been thinking about making an Archer for the first time and I had another question...

With Sampire, healing is usually handled by Life Leech. Is that also important in an Archer template (without the Vampiric Embrace, maybe)?