• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Looking for someone that writes in game guides i.e. skill gaining

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm opening up a second rune library in the town area of Mystic Garden for various resource and crafting rune books soon and I'd love to include some in game guides in the new library as well as the old one.

I'm not great at writing guides myself, So I'm looking for someone who already writes guides, or would like to write them.
I'm willing to pay (not sure how much yet). The books will be red leafed with the writers name, I will also post in game and on the little blog for the shop who the guides are by.
I'd also be willing to give a vendor or two to sell the guides if the writer wants them. (Or vendors with selling other items, or both)

I'd especially like skill gaining guides, crafting skills are a big interest at the moment with the new building. Taming, Meelee Skills, etc would also be very helpful.
PM or message me on icq 107296451 if you may be interested but have some questions.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you can get someone who can copy books take them to Malas University rune library, there is a guide on every skill in game there.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd especially like skill gaining guides, crafting skills are a big interest at the moment with the new building. Taming, Meelee Skills, etc would also be very helpful.
PM or message me on icq 107296451 if you may be interested but have some questions.
A while back, I did a write-up on skillgain for my blog. Check it out, and if you decide my writing is good enough I'll tackle some guides for you.

I am in the process of re-training some crafter characters on my main account. I have GM/Legendary crafters on two other accounts but am tired of loosing access to them when I suspend those accounts... so... I could relate actual, current experiences as I build up the new crafter(s).

I also enjoy designing new characters, and at one time had 8 accounts with a little mix of everything as far as melee, bard, hybrid mages, etc.

I'm sure there are folks that know more than me when it comes to specific templates, but I've trained just about every skill there is up to GM+ at one time or another.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you can get someone who can copy books take them to Malas University rune library, there is a guide on every skill in game there.
I highly doubt Malas University would appreciate it if someone copied all their skill books.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it would be a problem since I am a Co-Owner. All we would ask is that you lock down a rune or runebook advertising or location also.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Permission is a different story wouldn't you agree? :)

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't just take something without talking to the owner first.
Player written books are very different then rune books esp in the regard of copying/taking them.

Thank you Nordberg. I'll take a look at your blog. :)