• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

looking for some information about tracking

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thinking of changing up a template to add tracking...wondering how much tracking I would need to follow stealthers running 120 stealth??

Very little information anywhere about the tracking skill. And how it is affected by detect hidden.

Can anyone send me to a link that displays the calculations and math behind some of this?? or just quote them...and explain them. Basically wanting to be able to track stealth archers once they go dark.

thanks

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sadly you can track someone with 120 stealth with just JoaT...... which I think is a crock of crap but that's me.

As far as being able to consistently see and track them you need about 80 or so.

As far as the math couldn't tell you.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 80.0 Tracking on my main pvp-mage, I can pick up most stealthers about ~60-80% of the time, you just need to know which forms to track for.

JoAT tracking works, but it fails most of the time to track people with stealth, it's very effective to find people that are just invisible though.

I have never used detect hidden... I usually just track people and reveal with meteor swarms, chain lightening, or thunderstorms.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea of the math and I have never seen any either. I have had 100 tracking on my now little used Idocer for years as it was useful for seeing who was around at Idocs. I can tell you that even at 100 you sometimes do NOT pick up chars with high Hiding/Stealth skills. Sometimes you have to use it 2 3 or even 4 times to track someone. On the plus side, once you do track them and lock onto them they cannot lose you until it times out.

Last edited:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure the numbers are still accurate, but this used to be pretty good -

Tracking - Old Stratics

Allowing for the RNG playing in to your success and fail chances though, it's really hard to know what precisely is going on....

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure the numbers are still accurate, but this used to be pretty good -

Tracking - Old Stratics

Allowing for the RNG playing in to your success and fail chances though, it's really hard to know what precisely is going on....
I'd be surprised if Detecting Hidden played a big part in Tracking anymore. I have two active characters with GM Tracking, one with GM Detect Hidden as well, one without. The one without seems to track people easier; the RNG's evil, soul-crushing influence notwithstanding.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a GM detect and tracking stealth archer to combat other stealth archers. I am a little disappointed that when you have gm tracking there isnt a massive boost like you dont have to specify who you're tracking. It should be just track all players at GM tracking.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we get a developer to step up and explain how the tracking skill chance is calculated verses stealth skill, and what effect detect hidden has....or vice versa??

I am shocked that on an game that is 18 years old...with a skill that is a popular pvp skill, that no where on any site ( yes I have searched a few) can I find out how the calculation works so I can figure out what skill I need to track someone at a certain skill in stealth??

And are the old stratics tracking sites correct about the effects of detect hidden and vice versa?
@Mesanna