• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for some help from a German, French, or Spanish speaking player

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
If any German, French, or Spanish speaking players are willing, and have a few minutes to spare, I could use a little translation assistance.

Animal Lore i18n

Thanks!
Brian

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could add some French from a 'real world' speaker perspective, but I don't know if there are specific terms used by francophone players like there are in English (e.g. if you talk about an item's quality when you mean a property it gives the wrong message, even though those words can be synonymous). Let me know if it's worth having a crack on that basis.

I also spotted a probable error in the translation of 'mob' which someone has taken to mean 'crowd' rather than '(single) mobile creature'.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Jonathen, so long as the translation makes sense specifically in a UO context, that'd be fine. For the Pinco's-specific strings of text, I'm waiting on him to finish an update before turning on that code, but the other strings can all be seen in context in the two editors. (Currently only accessible on the test page, BrianFreud/ALTest - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums - click on the "Edit" tab up top, or the "Add Animal Lore Reading" tab to access the two editors.) I'm working on some other code, but eventually I'll work on extending translation to mob pages themselves, not just the editors; I'll add any new needed strings to the spreadsheet when I get that far. :)

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few additional questions as I'm not certain which meaning is intended for some words/phrases... row numbers given to find them quicker on the spreadsheet assuming it doesn't get sorted differently:

[121] Do you want a literal translation of "Same question as above..." or do you want the question repeating but including the bit about the Harvester blade? (If the latter, the question above is currently "Roughly how much gold does this mob drop?")
[137] Do you want a translation of the phrase "Where does it spawn?" or of "Where does this mob spawn?"
[147] "Medium" meaning something like 'middle of the range'? Is this in relation to the fast/slow speed?

Sorry if these seem a bit dumb, I'm not entirely clear on the context and it can make a big difference for some of them! Most other things I think I figured out okay from the wiki page you linked.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
A few additional questions as I'm not certain which meaning is intended for some words/phrases... row numbers given to find them quicker on the spreadsheet assuming it doesn't get sorted differently:

[121] Do you want a literal translation of "Same question as above..." or do you want the question repeating but including the bit about the Harvester blade? (If the latter, the question above is currently "Roughly how much gold does this mob drop?")
[137] Do you want a translation of the phrase "Where does it spawn?" or of "Where does this mob spawn?"
[147] "Medium" meaning something like 'middle of the range'? Is this in relation to the fast/slow speed?

Sorry if these seem a bit dumb, I'm not entirely clear on the context and it can make a big difference for some of them! Most other things I think I figured out okay from the wiki page you linked.
121 is referring to the 'What items, and how many of each, are given when carved (by a human)?' question (#131); the 2nd question (#121) is asked just below #131.

For #137, either would seem ok; it's asking where the mob spawns - example answer, "Doom, Crumbling Continent, Deceit".

#147, yes; 'Medium' in the 'Slow', 'Medium', 'Fast' sense, not the 'one who communicates with the dead' sense. :)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Anyone still interested in helping with some translations, I've updated the spreadsheet with hopefully the last batch of strings. These cover the displayed page, rather than the editor, so the info can also be read in translation, not just edited in translation. Again, my thanks for anyone willing to spend a few minutes. :)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
updated the Spanish again
Many thanks. :) For "alignment", you have "Alineacion/Lealtad". "Alignment" in this sense would be as in "good aligned" or "evil/bad aligned". Would one of those 2 be a better translation than the other?

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
There is a couple of thing we will have to change, as mentioned by someone else on a post before, some words are synonymous of others and I will have to chose the correct one. I will try see if I can do this week, or I will have to wait to the weekend when I got some good time to kill.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Sounds good. I'm hoping for a live release simultaneous with the new pub hitting all shards, but worst case I could always update translations again after going live.