• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for some Cross Shard RP.

Brock

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So a little bit about me for those that don't know me. My name is Dante Darkheart and I've been playing since the beta. I am a Role Player first and foremost. My home shard is Catskills. My RP always did incorporate that my character would travel between shards and some other worlds. This initially started due to a few breaks I had to take for school and work. So about two years ago the RP slowed down on Catskills and I actually moved to Atlantic. I tried Atlantic because I noticed the total population was massive, so I assumed the RP population would be proportional. I was right and I had a great time. Then I decided to take two Shard Transfer Shields, one for Atlantic and one for Catskills. This made the transition between the two shards very easy. But the RP got slow there too so I moved back to Catskills along with several others. But the move made me very curious about what RP looks like on other shards. So I transferred a version of myself to Europa, knowing they once had a vibrant RP community. And I've found some quick RP there from time to time. Also I decided to cash in on the fact that I could have an additional house on Siege and Mugen. so I made a version of myself on Siege as well. But I have yet to find any RP there. Actually, I haven't even ran into a person there that didn't attack me on site. I don't know what I expected. At least Siege kind of makes me nostalgic to what it used to be like when I first started playing UO. So in the next few months I'll be up for 2 more veteran rewards and I'm thinking about doing the Shard Transfer Shields, one for Europa and one that is yet to be determined.

So here is the question; what other shards are known to have a vibrant and robust RP community?

So here is a little about my character Dante Darkheart and why he travels from shard to shard. If you ever played the single player Ultimas particularly Ultima 7, 8, and 9 you should be very familiar with the primary protagonist, The Guardian. UO was launched just a little before Ultima 9 was released. In fact the original beta server was destroyed by The Guardian. So several guilds sprung up on Catskills and dedicated themselves to The Guardian and RPed some generally evil and nasty sorts. They settled in the clearing north of the Yew Orc fort or the first clearing south of Yew depending on how you look at it. The three major guilds were the Shadowclan Orcs, the Undead, and the Crimson Alliance. They called this clearing the Necropolis and that is where Dante's story begins. I began playing him in September of 1998. And since then I have had to stop playing UO for month or two at a time several times. I often explained my absences by stating that I was off world. The reasons Dante would go off world was because he had been selected as a Herald of the Guardian. Which is a fancy way of stating that Dante would scout out and prepare worlds to be conquered by the Guardian. So one way I do this is by identifying other Guardian worshipers as well converting the easily corruptible. I usually build what I call a Spire to use as my base of operations. I try to make my Spires in the south of Yew in Felucca in roughly the same spot as the Necropolis on Catskills. Though on Atlantic I'm on the sandy peninsula east of Jhelom. near the Honor Shrine in Felucca, but I'm working on moving to the south of Yew. Currently I am running a guild called the Crimson Alliance Resurgent on Catskills, Atlantic, Europa, and Siege. I have about a dozen members and their assorted alts across all four shards. So hopefully this is enough to know about me for now.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Dante,

We do cross shard fiction as well but for the other side.

We are the last of the Order Guard, Virtue Knights in service to the Timelord focused on preventing the corruption of the shardal worlds to protect the True Universe [which the continued existence of the multiverse puts in jeopardy]. The fact that you are doing what you are doing, and going about it the way you are... makes Dante Darkheart and his Crimson Syndicate (in our minds) the most dangerous group in all the "worlds".

We started on Great Lakes [beta then a few weeks after launch], followed the flow of magic through the multiverse to the Source a few years ago[Origin]. We have access to all but a few shards and we often send Order Knights on quests to lands in dire need. Carinthian "WorldWalker" is the character who is most likely to be sent. Lore remains in the Kingdom we established on Origin, though he is current on Siege where we are establishing a Colony. We created a gate [on origin] using information gathered at the "Doom event". The gate is unstable, and people who cross into the Dark Shard, enter weakened (a form of stat loss we like to call making a new character with the same name) and no material items make the transfer. You have to log out in gate, to log in on origin with that character. There is a chest at each where you keep your items. As you journey in the new land and gain back your strength it remains with you when you return.

The gate exists on Origin and we give access to those who will aid us in the land "where the final battle between Vice and Virtue will take place and the fate of the multiverse and the True Universe beyond will be determined." If

OOC I'd love for you to give Siege another look, there are rp guilds we can help put you in contact so your not wandering around alone. We have plenty of enemies but haven't had an rp enemy to contrast our Order/Virtue Quest since the last rp Chaos guild died on GL. Check out the Siege Shard Forums here on stratics, there are 3-4 great rp stories posted this week alone, you won't be disappointed. The is a range of styles from good, evil, neutral, comical, political, etc

If you are interested in giving Siege another go, send a pigeon [ICQ: 96629882] or respond here. IC we are opposed but OOC we always try to help other RP groups meet people and become established.

-Lore's Player

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Dante,

I am a relative newbie to UO since it's been about 10 years since I was active. I reactivated my account and am playing on Siege. As Lore stated, the Siege roleplay community is building, so please give us another try. I have been working on skills a lot as well as farming. I have yet to delve too deep into the RP scene, but plan to in the very near future.

-Val'lyn

Brock

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well I will have to look you fine folk up next time I'm on Siege. I typically use a chat channel called "RP Community" on shards that don't have an active RP centric chat channel. I'm not sure if you have one there or not. If you have one let me know what it is. If you don't, feel free to join mine if you see it. But otherwise I can be contacted via ICQ (281-841-379). I am technically always online since I have ICQ on my phone. So unless I'm sleeping you can expect a reply back from me within 30-40 minutes at the most. Lately however, my play time has been somewhat limited to approximately 9pm to midnight CST on weeknights. Weekends are fairly irregular for me. If I do get on on the weekends it is usually for long periods of time.

But also I'm still curious as to what other shards have active RP communities.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Napa is sleeping, but with the right push and a serious cup of stuff called coffee, I'm sure it would wake up...
Napa is not so alive on the forums though.