• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for magic themed decorating ideas

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so I have created a work area for each of my "sisters" that reflects their skills and personalities. Most of the crafters, it's pretty easy.

I'm not the most creative person in the world and usually just steal ideas I've seen. But I'm having a heck of a time coming up with ideas to decorate my mage's area.

For background, the house is made completely of logs, has wooden floors, and basic white glass windows. Rhiannon's work area is a desk with a scribe's pen and candlabra for light.

Ideas? Pictures? Links to other mage's decorative talents?

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well for a quick fill in ,a shelf or two of vials and potions and flasks ,long table with a cauldron and herbs , gems and strange items and I would add a working and deco library

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See? I've totally forgotten about the vials and cauldrons. Just so many THINGS in game that I've had, lost, seen, forgotten. I've been dying to get my hands on the artifact books so I can make a filled bookshelf. They are just so rare, too rare for my bank account. But slowly, I keep adding on.

Thanks for the suggestions and reminders!

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no problem, luv to decorate too
. an unfinished barrel is good for holding scrolls too

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have an unfinished barrel but that's over in my fisherwoman's area. Are you saying it is a container? I never actually did anything with it except put it in a corner.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's another one from way back. I built a scribe house. It was one of my favs. This one is made of grey stone but maybe it'll give you a few ideas:

I built this during the blackrock story arc. With that on my mind I built a monument to the event:

When I first started learning to be a mage... before LRC... I would scavenge the land for regs or hunt deer to pay for them. I built a tailior to support my mage Since I have always related the two skills. I set up the tope floor to sort and do BOD's:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gheed: Thank you for posting these pics. Definitely some good inspiration there. Ironically, when I started in 1997, I chose to be a tailor too as that was an excellent way to make a living. I saved my gold until I could afford to start buying reagents to train magery. At this time, I handed off my tailoring skills to my "sister" Rose and she has a nice tailoring area of her own. I really like your cloth layering ideas and might incorporate that into the tailoring work area.