• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Looking for Mage PvP templates

G

Gal

After a few years of my mages rusting I would like to give mages another go now that my con is better.
I have 2 main mages one scrolled out scribe and one scrolled out parry.
I got an Imuber and replicas and rares shouldnt be a problem as well...
I was thinking of a scribe scrolled out mage with a bit of necro for evil omen and things like that, how much skill do I need and what items should I use?
what templates do you like using? what skills what items and suits with which modes?

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a few years of my mages rusting I would like to give mages another go now that my con is better.
I have 2 main mages one scrolled out scribe and one scrolled out parry.
I got an Imuber and replicas and rares shouldnt be a problem as well...
I was thinking of a scribe scrolled out mage with a bit of necro for evil omen and things like that, how much skill do I need and what items should I use?
what templates do you like using? what skills what items and suits with which modes?
Skill wise, I would go for:

120 Eval
120 Mage
120 Resist
120 Wrestle
100 Scribe
60 Necro
Rest in med.

The items would change depending on your play style. Though I suggest aiming for 70 DCI.

Also, remember a spreadsheet is your friend while imbuing. Make the suit in a spreadsheet first.. I have found I save ingreds

C

Capt.E

I'm currently running this template with scribe:

120 Mage
120 eval
100 med
100 scribe
120 weave
120 resist
40 necro

70 dci suit:

+5 magery tali 15 ep
Necro bracers
Fey legs
Orni
Ring with 15 magery 12 sdi 10 lrc 25 ep 15 dci
Night eyes
Rest imbued
15 dci -20 no pen Mage weap

It absorbs a ton of dexxer damage. Most people are caught offguard by weave area spells. Especially good in a group, gift of renewal, wildfire, and essence of wind are cool.

I am building this template:

120 Mage
120 eval
120 myst
120 focus
120 resist
80 med
40 necro

Same suit, different tactics.

Corpus Canis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could someone explain the fixation with 120 magery in PvP? You're unlikely to cast anything higher than a lvl 7 spell in PvP so why do you need more than about 110 Magery?

My main mage is currently:

110 Magery
110 Eval (though I'd like to get this to 120)
100 Med
100 Resist
100 Inscribe
110 Wrestle
90 Spell weaving (WoD is pointless in PvP)

C

Capt.E

120 magery because I am using a Mage weapon and that brings my weapon skill to 120. At 115 I was getting shot to death. You have wrestle, which you could elimintate entirely with 120 magery, -20 onehanded Mage weap and +20 magery on mods.

B

BlackMagus

Could someone explain the fixation with 120 magery in PvP? You're unlikely to cast anything higher than a lvl 7 spell in PvP so why do you need more than about 110 Magery?
success chance is only one side of the story. the effectiveness as well as duration of many spells like heal or curse are based upon magery.

Corpus Canis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aaaah - thought they were all based on Eval :) Hehe - the worrying thing is, I've been playing for nearly 10 years.

As for the mage weapon - fair point, but I generally hold a Scrapper Compendium, hence wrestling.

N

NickyDishes

110 anatomy would serve u better cause then ud have 120 defensive skill instead of 110 wrestle and get hit more