• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for ideas

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am pretty well stumped for ideas. I have 2 side by side plots and one smaller plot in front of them (I think its 16x15 or something like that). I can do the illusion to connect the side by side ones but I am at a loss for the one in front. Originally I was thinking garden but there is already a huge garden roof and tons of plants throughout the 2 side by side houses.

The only reason I did a plot in front was to keep my houses from being blocked in the future - it would be nice to do something with it though than just an empty plot. I don't want to build it too high of course since I don't want to block my own houses either...

If anyone has any ideas I could really use some help!

thanks all :)

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we see pictures of the 2 side by side houses? The deco style might dictate what you can do with the front. For example, if you have a dark themed house style, the front plot could be a graveyard. or you could do a huge pond in the front complete with all kinds of waterfalls - I would love to have that kind of option for my home.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The two side by side are still works in progress - its all done in sandstone and its designed as a typical house. They are my new museums but not done in the typical museum style - my rares are incorporated into the design of the house. The bottom 2 floors are work areas. The second floors are kitchen, mini bar area and giant dining area. Third floor, I have a picnic area, hot tub and pool and then the other house has a huge bedroom with closet and wash area. The top floors are all garden area with a giant waterfall running from one house to the next.

Hope this works - its at least a picture of the outside (the insides are all a mess cause I have to keep going into deco mode to move a wall or make some minor adjustment to fit the room together and lots of things keep falling either to the ground or to the moving crate). That empty looking plot in front is the one in question - its true purpose and placement is to prevent anything in front of me. I would just like something a little creative and I can't think of anything but another garden :(

west house.jpg East house.jpg

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You could turn it into a "Park" and make it a memorial park for something or a "fun" park with a waterfountain, etc. Or, as Barry said, make it into a house for the curator.

Evianne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Depending on how much of a "museum feel" you wanna go for - since you said they are not like traditional museums:
-some sort of welcome/reception area for museum visitors
-going off the curator idea - what about a small building or series of small buildings (like one storey so they don't block) of museum staff at work (manis or vendors, not sure what you wanna do) like cataloging or "cleaning" artifacts for the museum
-going off the garden idea - lots of bigger museums may have huge landscaped areas as you walk up to the museum, with extravagant fountains and sculptures; maybe throw some fancy little archways with vines or something in there. the sandstone tiles have lots of nice pillars to work with.
I always get ideas for other people when I should be decorating my own house....

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you - those are all some really good ideas! I was toying with the idea of a vault - similar to where there are people cleaning and cataloging although I think the fountain garden idea might be far less taxing on my brain - LOL! I forgot how much time it takes to deco - its been years for me. Just the sheer number of new items to work with is incredible...