• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for guild name ideas

AirFluff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi!

In the process of eventually holding auction on LS, I'm trying to find a guild name more related to UO.

Our guild live in Umbra. We're a bunch of RL friends.

My UO lore is limited lol but I do like name Polar Bear Society [PBS] for example.

So I'm asking to you to help me :)

Thanks

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You can pick name relating to what you guys are doing most, type of encounters, PvP, Doom, Roof etc. PBS would not be too hot unless you guys do something with Polar Bears etc as role play etc.
I personally like the name Carolina Reapers (TM) or CR. This is a STRONG name. If you doubt it try one of these and you will see.
Dynomiiiiiite !! :devil:

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I was forced to change my guild name Huge PvPnis, abbreviation 8==D

Ironically they let me keep the abbreviation.

I changed the name to hard and long shanks... when I got paged on again they made me change the name and abbreviation...

Not relevant to you, but sad times for me

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umbra Underground Cooperative - UUC
Necromantic Auctioneers - NA
Umbralical Cord - UC
The Happy Necromancers - THN

Those take into account the place of your guild, what umbra is know for and what you plan to do. Think along those lines and you'll come up with somethink that fits your group. Generally speaking, think about what your guild does, what connects you, etc.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Name it for what you intend to do and what the type of guild is. If you're not sure just do the simplest name that relates to what you do. For example you're starting an auction house so would "Auctioneers and Merchants of [insert facet name]" work?

There's already an LS guild called "Polar Bear Society," or at least there was in years past. They used to do Doom. They weren't named for lore, they just literally rode polar bears.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You might get some more interesting suggestions in Unleashed:stir: