• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for feedback on my castle design.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's my castle design on TC1 any feedback would be appreciated:

From outside:
A Castle O.jpg

Level 1:
A Castle 1.jpg

Level 2:
A Castle 2.jpg

Level 3:
A Castle 3.jpg

Level 4:
A Castle 4.jpg

The Moat is water on the East & South sides and grass on the North & West so you can place a tile from outside and raise it up if you want to make the staggered walls on the castle roof. I also made the courtyard on 3 levels which gives you the whole floor to work with but also gives the illusion of being a single courtyard from the outside. Please let me know what you think. Thanks

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Here's my castle design on TC1 any feedback would be appreciated:

From outside:
View attachment 92679

Level 1:
View attachment 92680

Level 2:
View attachment 92681

Level 3:
View attachment 92682

Level 4:
View attachment 92683

The Moat is water on the East & South sides and grass on the North & West so you can place a tile from outside and raise it up if you want to make the staggered walls on the castle roof. I also made the courtyard on 3 levels which gives you the whole floor to work with but also gives the illusion of being a single courtyard from the outside. Please let me know what you think. Thanks
Very nice job, well done!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I really like it... not so much the water... since you can't really deco it or anything...and you wouldn't be able to place vendors on it... and the single tile stairs on to the towers I might just suggest leaving those off and letting people put them in if they want... or put a ladder in if they want. But otherwise I'm liking it.

Also a tad heavy on windows as well... doesn't leave much room for wall decore..

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is the grass and water added, or tiles ? I like it, but dont want to have to cover over it with pavers. Lessen the windows and I could see myself switching to this.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zeke, how often I've thought you may be a relative - when my castle is ready you really need to come look at it - I've got one nearly completed, but the stone one is still working - needless to say, like that design

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry. Nothing I would want.

When I design houses, I try to keep in mind real life factors including gravity. There were no steel beams when they made castles. Not to mention the whole fact there are no doors to keep down drafts. People inside this design would be sick all the time... and die. Its also poorly defendable, from theory of its design.

I say you'd need to get a book on real castles and do some study to truly understand how these things work. Otherwise we end up with big Borg Cubes.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would say one tile less water in front and on right side, remove the cage/grill on the second floor and less windows.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the feedback. I removed a lot of the windows and replaced the single stairs on the southern side with ladders (which of course won't copy over). I changed the hidden (W&N) tiles to just granite and cleaned it up a little. The castle is in Malas 105N 5W, just a few screens east of Luna by the mountains.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Be sure to submit and then commit at least a couple times after submitting so it gets entered.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vary the grass tiles. Using the same grass tile looks like a big green rug. To me.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looks a strong contender for the top 10....for sure...well done...
cant wait to see the other contenders.....The keep upgrades totally blown the old classic keep out the water and why anyone keeps the old keep designs as opposed to the several new 4 floor keep designs is beyond comprehension.....However the new castle designs so far have done little for me to think hell i need to upgrade to that one asap... maybe the "spires" edges the designs for me so far....alas this looks a better option already

would love to see a liftable draw bridge -over such a moat !!!! hint devs hint devs ...surely doable.... 2x2 square up /down rather than a door opening left/ right ????

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like it. Have you thought about using the round corners in place of the square in front. I may try to get on test to give this a try