• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Looking For A Price Check On A Worn And Bloody Robe.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya..
I was wondering how much a robe labeled "A Worn And Bloody Robe" worn by Lord Trubo Saius is worth. It's from a Baja event here http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=163808.. it's the only one that dropped.. just looking to get a ballpark figure as to what its worth? Ill try and post a picture of it later... and at this point it isn't for sale.. just curious what the value is.. thanks =)

*edited to add picture

Attachments

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if its the only one that dropped and thus unique, i would say around the 200-300m mark perhaps, and its also a nice wearable :).

But best wait for others to post price checks too as i might not be the best person to ask lol, just trying to help though :).

A

AshMoney

If its a unique wearable, id have to say its be around 350-450m

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you have event robes like Bog Creatures Skin, among others, that have resists or stats on them and those robes fetch gold in the 500m range, it'd be hard for me to appraise a robe that is simply a named one at any value over 250m. That being said, this is one of the best named clothing event items. It absolutely is better because of it's 1/1 status. At the end of the day, I wouldn't go over 300m if I were bidding on it. Either way, appraising is subjective. Congrats on the wonderful drop!

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the end of the day, it is who ever is willing to pay the price. The unfortunate part of it is that due to some hype or a random quote the seller and buyer is believed its actually worth that. Now for the seller it is great but for the buyer down the road, often times they could never resell it again. There is always an inflation factor that goes along with this game but sometimes the item is sold for so much in the beginning that it may never catch up with inflation. Take that sash for example from Cheesypeake, at 250 mil I hope the new owner will never want to sell it because trying to resell that again for more most likely will not happen.

I still want to reemphasize my way of judging a rare from way back when. I don't remember how long ago I posted but when buying a rare, here are some things to consider:

1. Quantity
2. Hue - is it unique
3. Quality of the name
4. Quality of the piece
a. Is it wieldable
b. How big is the piece? Does it stand out?
c. Does it have any mods?
d. Does it animate?

After you've looked at all these factors then decide a value. You can take existing items that were sold recently if you know the price and I would compare against more than 1 to get the basic value.

In my opinion, that robe is only a grey colored robe, it is unique by name not by shape. It is a wearable but only noticeable when someone clicks on it. At best 150 mil. But, that doesn't mean you won't sell it to some poor sap who is willing to pay 300 mil like SlickJack said above :)

Techthys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take that sash for example from Cheesypeake, at 250 mil I hope the new owner will never want to sell it because trying to resell that again for more most likely will not happen.

I still want to reemphasize my way of judging a rare from way back when. I don't remember how long ago I posted but when buying a rare, here are some things to consider:

1. Quantity
2. Hue - is it unique
3. Quality of the name
4. Quality of the piece
a. Is it wieldable
b. How big is the piece? Does it stand out?
c. Does it have any mods?
d. Does it animate?

After you've looked at all these factors then decide a value. You can take existing items that were sold recently if you know the price and I would compare against more than 1 to get the basic value.
Anyone who reads this forum with any regularity knows that Manticore is one of the most knowledgeable posters, but no one is perfect and there are flaws with any system that attempts to assign values to rares through objective criteria.

For example, Manticore's system valued a recent decorative event item that appeared on multiple shards, whose selling price settled at around 200m, as being equivalent in value to an old single-shard decorative event item PLUS 200m gold. At auction later, the single-shard item had multiple bids over 250m and a winning bid of over 350m. So the 350+ million item was valued at approximately zero under that system.

That being said, I think Manticore was dead-on accurate when he said: "At the end of the day, it is who ever is willing to pay the price." But as for the rest of the post, I'd be careful about letting any single person sway opinions too much about the value of rares that don't have any public track record of selling prices. An expert opinion is great to have, but it's still just an opinion.

In my non-expert opinion, I think robe is cool enough to be worth 250-300m.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I defer to Manticore on appraising 9 times out of 10 and frequent consult him on things before I make my PERSONAL purchases for my museum on Catskills. So, you could say I trust his judgement alot.

I'd like to add that a large part of my appraisal of this item and ones I've made recently also have been skewed slightly higher by the fact that gold seems to have bottomed out in value. I didn't get into this in my previous post but it certainly plays into any discussion of goods in Ultima. Like it or not, the gold sellers are affecting the value of ALL things.

C

Chaosy

With inflated gold prices, I'd say it's worth anywhere from 100-200 mil. Just my $0.02.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can understand what you are saying but I didn't just pull that number out of no where. Within these past 3 months, 2 unique necklaces sold at 150 mil each on Atlantic. An Unique Hally sold for 75 mil on Catskils (which I thought it was undersold). The Legends PVP Robe of which only 4 given out sold at 100 mil each. Granted that number is 4 but 4 from 1 is not that far and it also had an unique name but not an unique hue. A lanttern on Chesypeak of which I believe 3-4 dropped sold around 150 mil.

I have not seen any item sold for over 200 mil recently other than the Gem of Immortality and that had a special "UO legend storyline attribute" added to push that over the 200 mil mark.

Now one other item did fetch over 200 mil and that was the Scaffolding but it came in 2 pieces and the sheer size attribute put that price over the 200 mark.

Other than that, the sash is the highest item I've seen sold in a long long time at 255 mil. I've seen other unqiue sashes sold for far less.

Techthys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Manticore, I'm glad you posted the additional details of your thinking, which did a lot to explain your estimate. Thanks for responding to the issue and not blasting me. It's a scary thing to disagree with an expert!

I don't know what the names of the other items you mentioned were, but I think this robe has an especially attractive name for roleplayers in particular. It's generic--that is, there's no reference to a particular shard, holiday, or bizarre event that hardly anyone will recognize--and it lends itself well to being locked down in a house, or worn by an NPC in a house, as part of a tableau. Or, of course, worn by a character with an appropriate, relevant name. Also, it's reported as being unique, and if that's true, I think that makes it considerably more valuable than something where there are multiple copies, even if it's it's just a handful. Finally, robes are more noticeable than sashes, so I think that makes it a little more valuable than sashes. I agree that the lack of a unique color counts against it, but if it's dyeable, I think there's an eye-catching, little-used color could offset that somewhat, enough to draw people to look at it more closely.

I agree that the Scaffold and the Gem of Immortality are not really comparable items. The Scaffold is... weird... (sorry, Voluptuous! :) ) and probably has very strong appeal to a small segment of the player base who is into.. construction decoration, I guess? And there are very few items that fall into that category, so I expect that the few folks who want something like that REALLY want it, because there are so few items that fit into that theme. And of course the Gem's mind-blowingly awesome reference to the first game of the greatest RPG series of all time--the original standalone Ultima games (not that I have a strong opinion about that or anything--hee hee!)--adds greatly to its value, as you said. (The karma-based message that appears when the holder double-clicks it is also cool, but that coolness is diminished tremendously by the fact that it doesn't work when it's locked down, so doesn't affect the gold value much, in my opinion.) But consider that there are approximately 75 of them across all 25 non-Siege shards, and people are STILL asking 200m for them to this day (and it's worth it, in my opinion.)

So I guess my point is that the robe in question seems to be extra-special in ways that may not have been accounted for by generalized valuation formulas.

P.S.--The "King's Own" sash seemed exceptional to me for two reasons, one being that now that Queen Dawn rules Britannia, a reference to the "King" could reasonably be to our original liege, Lord British, and that appeals a lot to most fans of the standalone Ultima games, I believe. I would love to have that sash locked down beside my in-game "Hero of the Realm" deed from Lord British, for instance. Also, there is a popular series of fantasy novels (Mercedes Lackey's "Valdemar" books) that centers around a class of mage-knights known as "heralds", and one of those heralds always hold's the position of the ruler's chief advisor in the stories. That herald's title is the "King's Own" or "Queen's Own", which adds a bit to the sash's appeal for some people. But not as much as the Lord British reference, I expect.

M

mandosa-nice

On UO Europa, the last Two story statue go for for 250m the last month.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two Story Statues generally go for around 150-300m from what i've seen in the past. They are a very nice piece of deco and hard to come by. There may be a few out there but they are huge with a unique graphic and very sought after. And some of them talk :D

Not sure what it has to do with the Topic at hand though :)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with your statement on the name of the item and certainly I can understand the logic behind "King's Own" sash. The names on the necklaces were very cool I don't remember it off hand but its written on my 7th season event item thread towards the bottom of the Atlantic shard section. one was black wisp or something. The pvp robe did have a stupid saying on it from legend. Alright, I take your argument and shift my apprasal towards 150-250 range.