• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Looking For A Parent Plant Calculator

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all, I'm trying to find a cross pollination calculator that you input the two parents into, and which tells you what colour/type of seed you will get. The Stratics one asks for the target, but I'd find it easier at this point (just starting to rebuild my seed collection now I have space) to just plug in combinations of parents and see if what comes out is missing. The only one which works like this however here (http://www.uocraft.com/gardening-tools/plant-cross-breeding-tool/) doesn't seem to have a complete list of parents... does anyone know of a better one please?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you not look at the chart on this page: http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30382
see what you haven't got on there then use the calculator to find how to get it?
I can yes, but it's a little frustrating when you've got an equal distance between them; am I right in thinking then there's a 50/50 chance of either plant on the sides of the dividing line appearing? And what if the plants are right next to each other? Will it be 50/50 for either parent? The problem I have is that I'm starting with a set of seed seeds, and trying to maximize the new types that come out of each wave of growth and pollination, so plugging what parents I have in would be easier than working backwards...

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tower of Roses has a calc on its site. It's still working as of yesterday when I was looking at mixing plants.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the replies so far everyon; The UOCraft one is again the sort of thing I'm looking for, but having found it already, alas it only has 9 of the plants within it's list, presumably because it's not including ones that will throw up a 50/50 list for the parents. The ergreen graph is easier to use because it does show that random element, but it's not as automated as Tower Of Roses... however that still lists plants by picking a target child, when I wanted to see if what I can get from the various parent options I may have fertile on a particular day... I guess it's just a case of working with all of them and plugging first type, then colour into the lot and slowly working out what I can have!