• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for a New Build for a Lesser Hiryu

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I got an Armor Ignore + Bushido lesser & it does awesome. But, I'm looking for a more interesting build; maybe some AoE stuff. Not sure, so throw me some template ideas.

By the way, I'm using a Bard/Tamer setup for the character (just in case someone wonders what play style I'm doing).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have not done area lessers.

I have a Spell Weaving, Chivalry, and Bushido, that are 120 scrolled. A Ninjitsu with Frenzied WW that is 110,115 120. Mystic Hiryu that has 120 mystic 110 in rest. I put a 120 on the magic ability.

All of them kill Paragon Balrons. The Chiv one is a little faster.

The basic setup for all my mountable pets is like this: Mana varies

upload_2017-8-5_18-15-46.png

All have 30 mana regen. Other regens make it so you have less mana.

I only add AI and a magic.

Warning on Ninjitsu. It puts hiding at 100 right away. Better to add that on the last round.

I have 1 more Lesser to give skills to and 3 colorful Hiryus stored away that need training.

I guess Ill need to make some area damage birds next also. The frenzied WW has potential with an area effect ability.

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, I got an Armor Ignore + Bushido lesser & it does awesome. But, I'm looking for a more interesting build; maybe some AoE stuff. Not sure, so throw me some template ideas.

By the way, I'm using a Bard/Tamer setup for the character (just in case someone wonders what play style I'm doing).
Well, if you have Bushido on it, it aready has AoE (FW). You can build one with Goo and Bush. It's great for clearing spawns, but since there is no room for AI, it's mediocre for the boss.

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Does the pet cast WOD spell with spellweaving? what about the healing and rez spells? cand it cast all the spellweaving spells?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your using the EC, cook at 450 degrees for 8 hrs. serve best with Stuffing and Gravy.

1) Pets will cast WoD.
2) They heal themselves if hp get low enough.
3) You will not see it use Gift of Life, Summon Fey, Summon Fiend, Dryads Allure, Natures Fury, or Reaper form.
4) I'm not sure the AI is smart enough to use Attune Weapon, Ethereal Voyage, Arcane Empowerment.
5) They should be able to cast all the damage causing spells.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Would you put 120 Spell Weaving on a Cu or Lesser Hiriu? Which one is more effective? Is the Hiriu better since it has more active manna regen?
Also does Focus effect the Spellweaving spells? Or is it eval or is it idependent and depends on the level of SW skill, i.e 120 spells are stronger/more effective than 110 SW spells?
Thanks in advance..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would you put 120 Spell Weaving on a Cu or Lesser Hiriu? Which one is more effective? Is the Hiriu better since it has more active manna regen?
Also does Focus effect the Spellweaving spells? Or is it eval or is it idependent and depends on the level of SW skill, i.e 120 spells are stronger/more effective than 110 SW spells?
Thanks in advance..
I would go with the lesser because of the mana regen. I put a 120 focus on my keeper pets anyway. Also any magic ability is better with a 120 scroll. Just have to build it up. Thats the hard part.

Eval int is for magery. Other magics dont have it.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't recommend 120 Magery. Use the money for something else. The only improvement with 120 magery is a better Greater Heal. Wouldn't go above 105 Necromancy either.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I would go with the lesser because of the mana regen. I put a 120 focus on my keeper pets anyway. Also any magic ability is better with a 120 scroll. Just have to build it up. Thats the hard part.

Tyvm for info..