• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for a mentor

• Thread starter Livnletdye
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

Livnletdye

Hey all. I'm returning to UO after a sabadical of about 4-5 years. I still have my account but it would seem that everything has changed from the UO that I remember. I was wondering if there is anyone out there willing to helping me out and pointing my nose in the right direction... I have no idea what to do anymore! Also If there is a guild for people like me I'd love to know about it.

I'm usually available in the afternoons and early evenings as my profession usually requires me to work nights.

Thanks!

L

Livnletdye

So after looking around in my account online(ea.com) it seems that the last thing I have registered is AoS. If I purchase the code for ML will it open all the expansions that have come out between AoS and now? Also, where are the popular places these days? Britain seems like a ghost town now, I know its been a while...

Edit: I guess my question is: Is it worth it to put down the $29 with SA coming out this summer...

Thanks for offer to help Kimberly!

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i believe with the ML code, all of the expansions should be open for ya
seems there are more people in luna these days, BUT!! whether there actually at the screen or not is a different story lmao
if its worth it to toss out the money?...guess it depends on what you like to do in game, but if your gunna play!, i would dish it out just to give ya access to the peerless's and the rest of the world

Kimberly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^^^^^
What Otis said. My account is 7 years old but I stopped playing for a couple of years in between. When I came back, I had no idea what this "Peerless" business was. Thankfully, I ran into some people who were willing to help me gear up and take me hunting with them.

What sort of characters do you need help with?

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all. I'm returning to UO after a sabadical of about 4-5 years. I still have my account but it would seem that everything has changed from the UO that I remember. I was wondering if there is anyone out there willing to helping me out and pointing my nose in the right direction... I have no idea what to do anymore! Also If there is a guild for people like me I'd love to know about it.

I'm usually available in the afternoons and early evenings as my profession usually requires me to work nights.

Thanks!

I spend a lot of time in doom, you are welcome to join me there. I do it solo mostly so it would be no problem.

Tom

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Now this is the Napa Shard spirit I love to see. Look me up if you need anything friend I would be happy to help out with anything I can. Also in the SE corner of Luna is building called "The old Give and Take Pub" look through all the chests there for items you might need. People leave what they don't need and take what they do there. I see all kinds of interesting things there that are useful.

Welcome home friend.

Live Work Play Napa!

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to have you back. There are tweo great guilds out there with the initials THR and C!C. we are allied together and interact with each other well. We have no mandatory meetings or stuff like that and we enjoy all aspects of the game. Were always looking for someone new to tackle the peerless bosses or champ spawns. If your interested we would be glad to help. Me Otis and Kim are all in same guild allaince :)

P.S. Otis is Canadian

L

Livnletdye

Wow!
I never would have thought to have gotten such a great reception!

I re-enrolled in UO on Wednesday and was thinking that I may have been mistaken when I found not a soul around the old haunting spots. I made my way out to Luna after looking tirelessly through Trammel for an anvil and forge to place in my new house for my Smith to use. I think I may have ran across you Lord Nabin, while looking around the vendors on the outskirts of the bank there. I think you were updating your vendors at the time(SE of the bank if i'm not mistaken?).

FWIW My main is a Mage: Damned Letdy
100 EI
100 Magician
98.4 Med
92.9 Musician
88.9 Tactics
88.5 wrestling

I've been looking/reading around and have been thinking about creating a "sampire" template to start out my new career within UO. Seems like a good Alt that can handle its own when maxed out.

What I think I really need help with is just getting back into the fold. I.E. Where things are now and what the latest adventures hold. (The Peerless thing sounds awesome!) Last I played I was heavy in Fishing and bringing up MIB's and T-maps & fending off Krackens and Sea Serpents(on the 2d client). Mostly trying to go it alone as all my friends had left the game by that time and I followed not to far after.

I got a bad case of Nostalgia when I heard that SA was coming and just had to give it one more shot for old times sake.

Once again I'm really glad to see the reception that you all have given me. I work from home and am on ICQ most of the time. My Q is 598287528. Hit me up and I look forward to catching up with you all.

Cheers!

-Dye

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Well I would throw a vote for you to hook up with Gus's crew the C!C and THR they are very good people in my experience.

K

kalzaketh

welcome back, for my part I would defintly say yes to ML as the arcanist rules most PVM nowlittle hard to train up to the better spells but worth the trouble, once you cancharm the ogrelords gold flies into the bank, found little to nothing that will standlong against the artic ogrelord that gets healed in battle lichlords and elder gazers fall swiftly to it's crushing club much has changed it is enjoyable

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not to mention when the word of death spell is used properly its possible to do over 450 points of damage per hit:)